Cypress Lake United Methodist Church is a large worshipping community in the Southwest District of the Florida Conference of the United Methodist Church. The Church is blessed with a talented lay leadership team and an exciting staff, including a part time Director of Youth Ministry.
The Director of Youth Ministry reports to the Associate Pastor and is primarily responsible for building and administering the youth programming at the church. The Director will work with the pastoral team, staff and church members to achieve the mission and vision as guided by our core values. Specific responsibilities include overall development, planning, and implementation of an engaging ministry for youth from grades six through twelve, including the selection of curriculum, activity planning, and implementation of special events. The Director must be skilled at recruiting, training, and supervising volunteers to accomplish these responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Evaluate and select curriculum and procure any needed supplies.
- With pastoral staff, facilitate instruction and plan ceremony for confirmation on an annual basis.
- Work with the Director of Children’s Ministry to promote spiritual formation opportunities.
- Lead fundraising efforts for youth, including the annual pumpkin patch.
- Work with all staff to plan and implement churchwide and community engagement special events.
- In conjunction with other staff, develop publications, create marketing materials, and publicize events.
- Monitor youth social media accounts, including creating and editing content.
- Coordinate camps, mission trips, and attendance for youth at church-sponsored or other special events.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and provide resources for volunteers.
- Prepare the annual budget request for Youth Ministry activities.
- Maintain files and records (paper or digitally using Planning Center) for youth as needed.
- Maintain effective church-parent communication system.
- Ensure compliance with the Child/Youth Protection Policy, including verification volunteers working with children have a current acceptable background check on file.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:Educational, Background & Experience Requirements:
• Professing Christian;
• Bachelor’s degree in Children’s Ministry, Youth Ministry, Education, or related field preferred;
• Experience in providing Christian-based education for children or youth, with experience in a United Methodist Church preferred;
• Ability to communicate effectively with parents and staff. • Ability to resolve conflict.
• Ability to build effective teams.
• Ability to work with diverse personalities.
• Skilled in organization and recordkeeping.
Please submit resume and letter of interest to Rev. Kayln Wiley (KWiley@CypressLakeUMC.com).
Cypress Lake United Methodist Church
United Methodist Church
8570 Cypress Lake Drive
May 23, 2022