This description is not intended to be a detailed list of the duties and expectations of this position. It is an overview designed to give you a look into both the craft and the spirit needed to be successful in this position. If this description resonates with you then we look forward to receiving and reviewing your materials. Qualified candidates will be contacted and full details with a complete job description will be provided after we have spoken.
A historic United Methodist church serving metro Denver, Colorado is seeking next Director of Youth Ministry. The Director is fully responsible for developing a youth program that is vibrant, innovative, and contains spiritual experiences. The successful candidate will seek to build and reinforce the word of God through scripture, relationship development, community outreach, and service events. As a trusted advisor to the Senior Pastor, the Director will make recommendations, build a Christian education program, develop support relationships, and complete all required planning to support long-term strategic goals of the church.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Leads and oversees Youth Ministry including programming, creating a welcoming environment, and fostering the growth of faith.
- Excellent communicator through multiple channels including youth directed, parents, community, congregation, etc.
- Works closely with other ministries to plan, prioritize, and launch programming.
- Drives performance through leading the Youth Ministry Team to meet and/or exceed expectations.
- Stays abreast and trains staff and volunteers with best-practices in youth programming, appropriate activities, needs, and resources.
- Continually assesses needs and makes adjustments where appropriate to best serve the congregation.
- Aligns ministry programming with vision cast.
- Develops and implements a plan for broad congregational engagement with contemplative spirituality.
- Effectively manage employee and volunteer team members to achieve goals.
- Leadership in music during related worship experiences.
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in youth spiritual education with a detailed knowledge of the worship process and the various religious observations of the United Methodist Faith
- An undergraduate degree is preferred
- Experience in leading music is required; guitar is preferred
- A welcoming spirit and desire to help
This is a full time position with benefits. Relocation assistance may be available. Salary range is estimated between $45,000 – $58,000 annually, dependent upon relevant qualifications and experience. Send your resume, a narrative of your experience aligned with the listed skills, activities and vision, and links to available videos demonstrating your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Denver has 300 days of sunshine, a thriving cultural scene, diverse neighborhoods, and natural beauty. A young, active city at the base of the Colorado Rocky Mountains, Denver’s stunning architecture, and unparalleled views are all here, year-round.
Trinity United Methodist Church
United Methodist Church
1820 Broadway, Denver, CO 80202
May 2, 2022