Applicants must have a College Degree and three years of experience with program development.
Resumes must be submitted by April 1 to hopefully fill the position in July or August.
Applicants should email their resumes to the Director of Communications, Traci Hart. email@example.com
Christ Church Parish is a growing Episcopal church in downtown Pensacola with an average Sunday attendance of 400 (in person and online). The church is filled with a variety of people who are welcoming, caring, Christ-centered and generous.
A vital part of the ministry of Christ Church is the Episcopal Day School with 436 students PreK2 to 8th grade.
Christ Church Parish is committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all youth; the Director of Youth Ministry will be expected to engage with and support students of all backgrounds and orientations.
The Director of Youth Ministry will be responsible for casting a vision for ministry for and with the youth of Christ Church Parish and then implementing that vision. The Director of Youth Ministry will develop and oversee a team of people to engage the youth of our community with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
A qualified applicant will:
- Have an active faith and be able to communicate that faith regularly with words and actions with the families connected with the ministry.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with an established volunteer team to design, develop, and implement a vibrant, comprehensive, growing, and sustainable ministry.
- Have a creative spirit and a desire to engage youth in outreach (serving others in Jesus’ name).
- Collaborate with other ministry staff and clergy to help ensure continuity and excited engagement in Christian formation/discipleship.
- Have a strong track record in ministry, preferably with youth.
- Thrive in working as part of a team (church staff, established youth volunteers, larger church community, etc.), yet also be self-motivated with strong leadership abilities.
- Cast a vision for youth ministry at Christ Church.
- Recruit, train, and support a team of youth leaders.
- Maintain and publicize a calendar of youth activities including programming, fellowship, and outreach.
- Effectively communicate with youth and parents.
- Organize Christian Education on Sunday morning (Sunday School).
- Attend weekly staff meetings (Monday mornings) and regular Sunday services.
- Engage with the Episcopal Day School to build relationships with students. Youth leader may occasionally teach Christian Ed and lead chapel services. This position is not responsible for these activities but will be involved.
Pensacola is a historic, yet innovative coastal town located just minutes from some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Abundant outdoor, water-based activities as well as community volunteer opportunities are available in this generous and vibrant city.
Christ Church Parish
18 W. Wright Street, Pensacola, FL 32501
February 28, 2022