The full-time Director of Youth Ministry will have a passion for working with youth and their families. They will develop, schedule, and supervise the full range of ministries related to our youth in grades 7th-12th (approx. 50 students). Furthermore, this individual will embody the mission of St. Paul UMC where we are a multi-generational congregation of loving and imperfect people. At St. Paul you will find a safe and open congregation where we experience the love of God and grow as followers of Jesus Christ.
Description of Duties:
- Coordinate/plan and lead group activities and lessons on a regular weekly schedule. This includes (but not limited to) Sunday mornings, Sunday Nights, and Wednesday nights.
- Develop, implement, and teach age-appropriate curriculum to support and encourage the spiritual growth of students.
- Make yourself available to the youth in a variety of ways including, but not limited to, office hours, coffee shop visits, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation during tough times.
- Lead a supportive Youth Ministry Team as well as recruit, train and manage a team of adult volunteers for youth activities.
- Effectively communicate with students, parents, church staff, lay leadership, St. Paul congregation and the community as a whole via a variety of media that includes (but not limited to) email, texting apps (i.e. Remind), email systems (i.e. MailChimp), Facebook, Instagram, and print media (i.e. flyers, newsletters).
- Partner and work collaboratively with pastoral team, church staff, and lay leadership to integrate the youth ministries with St. Paul UMC as a whole.
- Plan, implement, and maintain a budget.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years leadership/organizational experience.
- 3+ years volunteering or working with teenagers.
Generous benefits package including insurance, holiday pay and PTO
Please see church’s website, stpaulchurchky.org, for a more detailed job description.
St. Paul United Methodist
United Methodist Church
2000 Douglas Blvd, Louisville, KY 40205
November 28, 2021