Northern Hills UMC
The mission of NHUMC is to be a community that
Reaches others for Jesus,
Teaches the ways of Jesus, and
Loves the world for which Jesus died,
so that God is glorified through His Son.
JOB TITLE: DEPARTMENT:
Director of Youth Ministries Youth
The purpose of the Youth Ministries Director is to create, implement and oversee all programs and activities pertaining to Youth Ministries (6-12th grades) at the 1604 campus and to shepherd them, so that, youth will be able to grow as disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Model a life as a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ
- Coordinate with pastors and youth leaders for the spiritual formation of youth.
- Empower outreach opportunities.
- Supervise Weekly Programming curriculum and volunteers.
- Oversee all Youth activities and programs; for example, but not limited to: Wednesday Nights, Sunday School, Greatest All Nighter Ever (GANE), Camps, Mission Trips, Retreats, Winter Retreat, Confirmation, and service projects
- Recruit and train volunteers for all Youth Ministries
- Attend staff meetings and family ministries meetings.
- Create and supervise Youth Ministries budget
- Maintain Youth mission initiatives and values.
- We value Scripture, Relationships, and service
- Maintain a spiritual and pastoral care presence with children and their families. For example, hospital visitation, funerals, etc.
- Recruit and maintain a Youth Council
The Youth Ministries Director of Northern Hills UMC is the youth shepherd in our community. This person cares for the spiritual growth of all youth in the area. This position assures a safe and loving environment where youth can find and experience God.
This person aligns the youth program with the vision of the church by coordinating with pastors, staff and congregation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Basic Computer skills
- FBI background/fingerprint check
Northern Hills UMC San Antonio TX
United Methodist Church
3703 N Loop 1604, San Antonio
August 23, 2021