Morning Star United Methodist Church located in Las Cruces, New Mexico, is seeking a full-time Director of Youth Ministries. This person will lead the church’s youth ministry (grades 6 – 12) in keeping with our purpose of connecting to the Spirit of God and sharing God’s love with the world.
Morning Star is a well-established, vibrant church. We value diversity in thought and welcome all. We strive to be accepting, open and inclusive and hope that the candidate chosen for this job will as well.
Las Cruces is home to 125,000 residents. “The City of the Crosses” is home to New Mexico State University which has an enrollment of 24,000 students. Las Cruces has an educated population, with 34% of adults possessing a Bachelor’s degree or higher. The cost of living is below state and national averages. We are is known for our beautiful Organ Mountains, renowned Mexican food, and abundant outdoor and recreational activities. Las Cruceans enjoy living 40 minutes from White Sands National Park and 1 and half hours away from Ruidoso, NM and snow skiing.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Rev. Ross Whiteaker. Resume reviews will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is found.
Morning Star UMC has three worship services on Sundays. We average around 350 in worship and have dynamic programs and ministries taking place all through the week. Families are actively involved in their church, community, and schools creating a vibrant and engaged membership ready to share the love of Christ with the world.
Essential functions for this position include:
- Leading the discipleship of students 6th grade through 12th grade with meaningful, relevant teaching, fellowship, events, and small group experiences consistent with the theology and core values of Morning Star United Methodist Church.
- Recruit, train, schedule, encourage and lead volunteers to serve in student ministry.
- Provide care for students and families within the church.
- Welcoming and assimilating new families and students to Morning Star and the youth ministry throughout the year.
Qualifications for this position:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to think theologically
- At least 2 years of ministry leadership experience.
- Experience teaching large groups
- Experience leading volunteer teams
- A college degree is preferred
Morning Star UMC
United Methodist Church
2941 Morning Star Drive, Las Cruces, NM 88011
June 24, 2019