For application instructions, please see our webite: http://www.bidwellpres.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Youth-Ministries-Director.pdf
Title: Youth Ministries Director
Purpose: To provide leadership and volunteer support for the youth (6th – 12th grade) mid-week ministry of Bidwell Presbyterian Church.
Supervision: The Youth Director is under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor and to Session through its Personnel and Youth Ministries Support Team.
Status: This is a full-time position with benefits.
- Passion for youth ministry as demonstrated by a previous youth ministry commitment.
- Proven ability to provide and implement a long-term, strategic vision for youth ministries of the church.
- Prayerful agreement with the Bidwell Presbyterian Church’s purpose statement, mission statement, vision statement and core values.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of own giftedness and specific call to ministry.
- Ability to reach out to the youth leaders and volunteers within BPC.
- Possesses a heart for reaching out to the unchurched youth and their families and integrating them into the life of the church.
- A demonstrated ability to teach and shepherd youth and leaders into a better understanding of Christ with a specific commitment to discipleship ministry.
- Desire and willingness to serve and function as an integral member of the senior staff team.
- Administrative and organizational skills, such as planning, scheduling, project management and program coordination.
- Demonstrated excellence in public speaking and writing.
- Possesses excellent relational skills with the ability to build in-depth relationships with youth and adult volunteers.
- Possesses a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience while actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to utilize modern communication technologies.
- Ability to play an instrument, such as a guitar or piano to lead informal singing.
- Experience in working with ministry teams.
- Seminary degree or other academic training appropriate for this position.
- Equip and encourage leadership teams consisting of both adults and students.
- Collaboration with staff, elder and youth leadership. Works closely with the Director of Children’s Ministry to develop a comprehensive strategy for reaching K-12 grades.
- With Senior Pastor and Youth elder, leads, develops and directs newly minted confirmation program for 9th-12th grade students.
- Recruit, equip and encourage leaders to ensure effective Biblical teaching and a relevant, active and fun youth program that encourages the spiritual growth of our youth, by:
- Training leaders to disciple youth individually or in groups (includes a focus on outreach)
- Establishing/reinforcing a clear vision for the overall youth ministry program and defining the purposes of each subprogram. This includes the following programs and activities:
- mid-week programs
- small-group Bible studies
- Willingness to adhere to, teach and hold all youth leaders accountable to the Youth Code of Conduct and the PCUSA Standards of Ethical Conduct.
A major expectation of this position is relationship-building with the leaders, youth, and their families.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Be supportive of the church and the church staff with all contacts with the church membership and the general public.
- Be an advocate for youth within the congregation and community.
Bidwell Presbyterian Church
Presbyterian Church USA
208 W 1st Street, Chico, CA 95928
June 17, 2019