Director of Youth Ministry
Christ Church Episcopal, Raleigh, North Carolina
Christ Church is a vibrant, 3000-member Episcopal parish located in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina. We are a congregation of the Diocese of North Carolina. Our mission is to live as a community of Christian disciples, by providing a welcoming place of worship for all people, ministering to the needs and aspirations of this congregation, and extending the love of Christ through outreach to the community and the world. The youth of Christ Church are vital members of our parish family, and we place great emphasis on nourishing their spiritual development and ministry.
Youth Ministry Mission Statement
The Youth Ministry of Christ Church embraces and supports our youth and their families, inspires and guides their spiritual growth as disciples of Christ, and empowers them to serve the church and the world.
Youth Ministry Values
- Christian Discipleship: We strive to live Christ-centered lives that reflect the love of God.
- Welcoming: We create a Christian community in which all feel welcomed and accepted.
- Joy: We embrace laughter, energy, creativity, and humor as expressions of the abundant life in Christ.
- Compassion: We demonstrate respect, care and compassion toward ourselves, each other and the whole of God’s creation.
- Outreach/Mission: We commit ourselves and our resources to outreach, service and ministry.
In searching for a new Director of Youth Ministry, we seek someone who will enthusiastically share and help continue to shape and strengthen our ministry. We are looking for someone who combines a love for God with a passion for working with youth and a demonstrated commitment to the church.
The Director of Youth Ministry will work collaboratively with our youth ministry team: the Youth Ministry Coordinator, the Youth Council, Youth Leadership, Director of Parish Programs, and Clergy.
The specific responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Oversee all program areas for youth grades 6-12
- Research, develop and implement curriculum for Sunday school, bible study, and youth group (EYC)
- Work within developed goals and missions set forth by the vestry and Clergy
- Engage in weekly activities with youth and families outside of Church
- Propose and maintain budget
- Coordinate bi-annual international high school mission trip
- Recruit, train, and provide volunteers with spiritual support
- Oversee and provide pastoral care for youth and families
- Arrange age appropriate service and outreach projects
- Coordinate seasonal retreats to provide fellowship and Christ centered community
- Supervise the Youth Ministry Coordinator, meeting weekly to coordinate activities and communicate needs and concerns.
- Meet regularly with the Director of Parish Programs to communicate needs and concerns and to share strategic oversight of the youth program.
- Nourish your own spiritual development, in order to sustain your ministry.
The Director of Youth Ministry will report to the Director of Parish Programs. The job is full-time, and the benefits and compensation package are competitive.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Enthusiasm and passion for youth ministry
- A few years’ experience in this field and/or a seminary education.
- Knowledgeable of scripture and Episcopal tradition
Interested persons should send a cover letter, resume, and references by April 1, 2019 to Liz Stroff email@example.com.
Christ Church (Episcopal)
120 E. Edenton Street, Raleigh NC
March 4, 2019