Trinity is a United Methodist Church located in growing Fountain Inn, SC, a desirable suburb of Greenville. This is a full-time salaried position with a stipend for health insurance.
- A successful candidate must be personally committed to following Jesus Christ and have demonstrable leadership skills for leading young people and growing ministries.
- Candidates must be committed to building a sustained youth ministry program and eager to build relationships with young people outside of those already within Trinity UMC. This would include spending time in the local schools and finding ways bring new people into the ministry.
- A bachelor’s degree and/or experience leading youth and student ministry, is preferred but not required.
- Provide a Wesleyan concept of servant leadership that is consistent with the mission of Trinity UMC for youth ages 6th through 12th
- Develop a positive relationship with each youth recognizing their gifts. Spend time building relationships with all youth outside of church including attending school lunches, ball games, recitals, band concerts, etc.
- Coordinate weekly gatherings and programs (Sunday and Wednesday evenings including lessons, fellowship time, guest speakers, etc.)
- Plan, coordinate, and participate in special programs and events (retreats, camps, mission projects,VBS, service days, and other events).
- Regularly participate in worship (attend at minimum one service per week)
- Lead, participate, and/or serve as a youth resource in Sunday School and assist the pastor in leading confirmation classes.
- Communicate regularly with parents, youth, parents, staff, and congregation all relevant and necessary information. Communication methods should include, but are not limited to weekly emails, texting, social media (Facebook/Instagram), TUMC website, church bulletin, and phone calls.
- Oversee youth age level sports teams through Trinity/Greenville church league.
- Successfully complete and implement The United Methodist Church Safe Sanctuary training, as well as satisfactorily complete a background check and screening.
- The Director of Youth Ministries is also expected to attend all staff meetings and will assist with otherduties as necessary.
- Support IT operations and communications as needed.
Please email a resume and any questions to SPRC@fitumc.org
Trinity United Methodist Church
United Methodist Church
403 S Weston Street, Fountain Inn SC
October 13, 2022