The Director of Youth Ministries leads middle and high school youth to love God and one another in Christian community, empowering them to grow as Christian disciples and equipping them to live their faith boldly in the world with all their heart, mind, soul, and strength.
This position will report to the Pastoral staff and work collaboratively with various administrative and ministry planning teams.
This position reports directly to the Minister of Discipleship and Engagement and the Staff Parish Relations Committee and will work collaboratively with the Youth Council and Youth Leadership Team.
· Organize, coordinate, promote, and manage all aspects of middle school and high school ministries: including regular weekly activities, small groups, interest groups, study, planned and ongoing activities and outings, retreats, servant and/or missional activities, ect.
· Supervise and manage Youth interns involved in age-level ministries.
· Work with pastors and church leadership to evaluate, adjust, innovate, and grow each age-level of ministry, implementing new strategies for growth in keeping with the church’s mission, vision, and strategic planning.
· Work collaboratively with the Youth Council and Discipleship Team to ensure the use of appropriate curriculum and resources for each age group to facilitate spiritual formation and maturation as Christian disciples.
· Coordinate all scheduling, calendaring, and communication of ministry activities with appropriate staff
· Strategically plan, set goals, and budget
· Ensure adherence to Safe Sanctuaries policies
· Attend staff, Church Council, and other administrative committee meetings as required
· A strong calling to student and youth ministries.
· Ability to relate exceptionally well to youth, parents, and younger adults.
· An understanding of and commitment to Wesleyan, grace-based, United Methodist theology and practices.
· Weekly attendance at worship is expected.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and 5-years experience in related ministry is preferred.
Competencies, Working Skills, and Attributes
· Strong, mature, and contagious commitment to Jesus Christ
· Understanding of and alignment with United Methodist beliefs
· Proven ability to inspire students in both large and small groups
· Sufficient knowledge of childhood and youth development
· Excellent verbal, written, relational, time management, and organizational skills
· Ability to plan, organize, lead, recruit volunteers, and lead all ministry related activities
· Competency in basic listening skills and appropriate lay counseling for youth
· Understanding of spiritual formation
· Computer, social media, internet proficient
· Willing team player
· Self-motivated and enthusiastic
· Recreational, musical, artistic, or outdoor interests a plus
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your résumé and introduction.
Cookeville First UMC
United Methodist Church
165 E. Broad St.; Cookeville, TN 38501
September 27, 2022