Fairview Presbyterian Church in North Augusta, SC is seeking a Director of Youth Ministries / Youth Pastor as a champion “To nurture youth to stand in Christ at every step.” We desire that our youth become flourishing, reproducing disciples who are integrated into our church’s life & who walk with Jesus in all stages and spheres of life.
Fairview Presbyterian Church (www.fairvieweco.com) is a congregation of 450 covenant partners spread across the Augusta, GA, metropolitan area, also known as the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA). We recently completed the Auxano Vision Frame process to identify our unique calling “To nurture lives to stand in Christ at every step,” and to identify our fore core values: (1) Substance in Our Worship, (2) Leading in Our Learning, (3) Intertwined in Our Living, and (4) Organic in Our Evangelism. Holistic discipleship and engaging families and youth are among our top priorities in the coming years. We are denominational members of ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians.
Our church campus is located 1.5 miles from the Savannah River and just a few hours away from other major metropolitan centers like Atlanta, Savannah, and Charleston. Augusta is perhaps best known as the home of the annual Masters Golf Tournament. Our region is also home to the US Department of Energy’s nuclear Savannah River Site (SRS), Fort Gordon (US Army), and the Augusta University Medical Center. Educators, medical professionals, and SRS employees are highly represented at Fairview.
The ideal candidate for Director of Youth Ministries / Youth Pastor will be a discipleship-minded and missionally-focused leader of leaders who ministers out of his or her own discipleship and relationship with God. This individual will practice sustainable rhythms of self-care and service, and he or she will deeply and holistically engage our youth (head, heart, & hands). The Director / Pastor will operate from a relational, team mindset and collaborate with others. Finally, this person will be a self-starter capable of assessing the youth’s needs and taking initiative to develop the ministry accordingly, using Fairview’s strategy of worship – develop – serve.
- Develop & maintain a strategic & holistic plan for youth discipleship alongside the Associate Pastor.
- Nurture relationships with youth to help them stand in Christ at every step as disciples on mission.
- Teach Gospel-centered lessons & lead Gospel-centered discussions which target students’ heads, hearts, & hands.
- Partner with parents in discipling their youth.
- Lead as a leader of leaders by recruiting and developing teams of youth and lay leaders who are committed to youth discipleship.
- Develop, lead, & coordinate weekly youth programs which foster spiritual formation, community, & fun.
- Introduce churched, dechurched, & unchurched youth to the Gospel & help them grow as Christ’s disciples.
- Collaborate with the Children’s Ministry & Adult Ministries to create seamless pathways in & out of the Youth Ministry.
- Integrate youth into the life of the church by cultivating multigenerational relationships, service opportunities, and leadership opportunities.
What Fairview Has to Offer You
We desire to promote the flourishing of our staff, lay leaders, and members. Whomever we call to Fairview will not only minister to youth but will also be ministered to by us. The following are just a few things we have to offer:
- Healthy, loving, and supportive church community.
- High level of freedom to develop the youth ministry, within the scope of Fairview’s mission and values.
- Support, resourcing, and potential mentoring.
- Learning environment in which to grow both personally and professionally.
- Brand new youth facility to develop.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a (1) cover letter explaining your sense of call to youth ministry, (2) a resume with three references, (3) a personal testimony (1-2 pages), and (4) a link to a teaching sample (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please see our full job posting for more information.
Fairview Presbyterian Church
ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians
1101 Carolina Avenue, North Augusta, South Carolina
March 17, 2021