Pine Ridge Director of Youth Ministries Job Description
Expectations & Duties
Position Title: Director of Youth Ministries
Position Type: Part-Time, 15-20 Hours with availability most Sundays
Reports To: Associate Pastor of Discipleship
The Director of Youth Ministry is responsible for leading the Youth Ministry (grades 6-12) of Pine Ridge Presbyterian Church to encourage and equip them towards their relationship with God and extend the ministry beyond the church.
Church Mission Statement:
The mission of Pine Ridge Presbyterian Church is to provide a place to proclaim and celebrate the good news of Jesus Christ, to grow spiritually, and to love, serve and reach out together.
Youth Ministry Mission Statement:
4:12 STUDENT MINISTRIES HOPES TO:
Encourage students to build a long-lasting personal relationship with Jesus Christ through bible studies, fellowship, and worship.
Equip students by building confidence in who they are as people, but also as children of God. Supporting them every step of their journey with God.
Extend the community of Christians by going out into the world and share the word and love of God.
- Create a dynamic, meaningful, and safe (physically and emotionally) atmosphere for spiritual growth among youth 6th-12th
- Establish meaningful personal relationships with the youth of the congregation and community by investing in their lives.
- Recruit, inspire, train, empower and equip ministry volunteers to support the vision of the youth ministry, as well as coordinate ministry volunteer scheduling.
- Lead and guide the Youth Ministry Team for planning, collaborating, calendaring, and accountability in your role.
- Maintain and update the Youth Ministry Team pass down binder per policy.
- Strategically develop formation events including but not limited to Sunday School, Youth Group, Confirmation, Special Events, Bible Studies, Mission Trips, and Conferences.
- Coordinate alongside your Youth Ministry Team, two annual fundraisers (i.e., Trivia Night and Apple Pie Sale) to raise funds for summer mission experiences.
- Create and maintain youth ministry long-term ministry goals as well as individual student goals for separate age groups.
- Prepare written communications and updates regarding Youth Ministry for parents and church family (i.e. weekly youth emails, weekly church newsletter, occasional mail, texts, website, app etc.).
- Create an effective informational network to communicate schedules and responsibilities to ministry volunteers.
- Maintain the Youth Page of the church website with assistance from the Office Coordinator.
- Provide an Annual Report to the Church Administrator annually.
- Prepare and administer budget within the established guidelines and in compliance with the Pine Ridge policies and procedures.
- Purchase supplies needed to equip the ministry.
- Maintain the budget and turn in necessary documentation when needed per policy.
- Oversee the safety of youth while in programming at church, as well as the safety of the youth ministry space (Genesis House).
- Ensure proper communication of background checks for all youth ministry volunteers prior to their participation in accordance to our Child and Youth Protection Policy.
- Assist the church office with maintaining necessary student records.
- The Youth Director shall…
- Be under the direct supervision and report directly to the Associate Pastor
- Assist the Pastoral Team with ministry care as it relates to youth ministry.
- Work in close cooperation with staff, Session, and other leadership teams.
- A commitment to the Christian faith with a desire to deepen and mature your relationship with the Triune God.
- An excitement and interest in teaching youth about the Triune God.
- Proven ability to work effectively with youth, parents, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Youth Ministry Experience Preferred or Similar Work Experience with Youth.
- Understanding of Presbyterian polity, worship, and theology, or the willingness to learn.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
Pine Ridge Presbyterian Church
Presbyterian Church USA
7600 NW Barry Road, Kansas City, MO 64153
March 22, 2022