Please submit resumes through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted through August 18th, 2017.
We look forward to hearing from you!
YOUTH MINISTRY JOB DESCRIPTION:
Grace United Method Church / 433 East Main Street, Hummelstown, PA 17036
Position Description: Director of Youth Ministries
Status: Full-time, salaried
Benefits: Health Insurance, Pension, Continuing Education Funds
General Purpose of the Position:
To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The Director of Youth Ministries (DYM) reports to the Senior Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. The Senior Pastor, in cooperation with the Staff Parish Relations Committee, provides an annual evaluation of the DYM’s performance. The DYM will be responsible and subject to United Methodist policy and doctrine, informed by the United Methodist Guidelines for Youth Ministries, local church policy as determined by the Charge Conference, Senior Pastor, and Staff Parish Relations Committee.
- GUMY (Grace United Methodist Youth, grade 7-12) & TY (Transitional Youth, grade 5-6) leadership.
- Organize, lead and run weekly GUMY events & monthly TY events.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings needed to support the youth program (advisor meetings, youth leadership meetings, etc.).
- Coordinate teachers, materials, refreshments and seasonal programs for youth Sunday School (grades 7-12) in concert with church programing.
- Coordinate a fall retreat for youth (grade 7-12).
- Schedule and manage the youth calendar on an annual basis. Ensure communication of youth activities to eliminate church facility scheduling conflicts.
- Develop an effective youth ministry outreach/missions plan.
- Establish weekly after school gathering.
- Recruit, train and shepherd adult volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
- Recruit youth members and mentor youth in developing their leadership skills.
- Participate and have an active involvement in Unite Youth.
- Work closely with Communications Director to communicate youth activities to the church congregation and maintain an active youth social media presence.
- Keep records of youth participation and manage youth ministry budget, including fundraising responsibilities.
- Authority over special groups (i.e. iBlast, bible studies, etc.)
- Make yourself available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation of families of youth, times of crisis, etc.)
- Participate in monthly staff and leadership meetings.
- Must live within a 20 mile radius of the church.
Grace United Methodist Church
Free Methodist Church
433 East Main Street, Hummelstown
July 26, 2017