First Congregational Church of Hudson is seeking a new full-time Director of Youth Ministries. This individual is a leader who will bring their own innovation and creativity to a vibrant, and large youth program.
The Director of Youth Ministries is a vital part of:
- A 1500+ member congregation, with active lay leadership and innovative ministries and missions.
- An established and well-attended youth ministry with strong budgetary and volunteer support, as well as, engaged families.
- A staff that is supportive and creative, who see youth as a priority in the church.
- A church that provides competitive compensation and encourages professional development opportunities to help you grow in your calling.
Director of Youth Ministries Position Description
The full-time Director of Youth Ministries is responsible for all youth programming grades 6-12, in collaboration with the Youth Education Board and Associate Minister.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and recommends curriculum for middle and high school education, including Sunday mornings, Confirmation, and Bible studies.
- Selects and leads mission and service opportunities for youth.
- Develops and leads fellowship activities.
- Provides spiritual guidance and counsel for youth.
- Attends youth events and activities outside of church.
- Serves as staff liaison to the Youth Education Board.
- Supervises the Summer Missionary program.
- Prepares the annual budget with the chair of the Youth Education Board.
- Works in conjunction with the Director of Music Ministries and the Director of Children’s Ministries, ensuring support and continuity of programs.
- Works with office staff to schedule youth ministry programs.
- Provides support and care for volunteers who work alongside to help create a vibrant youth ministry.
- Participates in the broad life of the church as available and time permits.
- Many other opportunities are available depending on the skills, interests, and talents of the applicant.
Knowledge and Skills:
Must be able to relate well to youth and understand their culture and experiences; establish personal relationships and lead; work effectively with different church populations and a large (20+) church staff and be comfortable working independently; possess strong communication (written and oral) skills, program, and group management skills. Should be a faith-centered individual who is able to articulate the United Church of Christ faith.
Education and Experience:
Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: Ideally, at least 3-5 years of experience working with middle school and high school students.Salary: Competitive compensation
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check us out on Facebook: www.facebook.com/FirstCongregationalChurchofHudson
First Congregational Church of Hudson
United Church of Christ
47 Aurora Stree
November 10, 2021