Full-time position – Sun-Fri (Saturday off) – 50-60hrs. a week (some comp days for weekend events)
Salary Range: $75,000 +full medical/dental; 4 weeks vacation and 2 weeks study leave, book and other allowance, 5% of salary into retirement account.
Additionally, reimbursable allowances: auto, books, continuing education, and business expenses
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Religion or significant experience in full time Youth Ministry
Profile of the person seeking:
Loves teenagers, gifted speaker and Bible teacher, visionary, team player, self-starter who takes imitative, passionate about saving the unsaved, knowledge and experience in small group ministry. Has strong recruiting skills and team management skills.
COMPASS has a main campus with a 1,500 seat worship center and 2 satellite campuses. We are non-denominational (under the umbrella of ECO), an orthodox, Bible believing, Jesus-centered people. See our Statement of Faith and dynamic worship on our website. We are a regional, high-impact church with TV & radio ministries that draw from a wide geographical area. And very importantly most of staff is 15+ years here and loves working with everyone else. Staff meetings are fun. We have a dynamic worship ministry at 3 locations. See clips of music on our website.
We need a director who is passionate about Evangelism and discipling teenagers through Sunday and midweek small and large groups, camps, special trips, etc.
• Grow the middle school ministry to 50 students in one year.
• Grow the high school ministry to 100 students in one year.
• Teach middle school and high school each hour on Sunday mornings.
• Oversee the recruitment of middle school and high school adult leaders.
• Build relationship with students and adult leaders
• Promote Christian service through age appropriate service projects.
• Lead middle school and high school Summer and Winter trips.
• Hospital calling as needed.
• Rotate leading Sunday night services.
• Manage the youth budget within the guidelines of the approved budget and adhere to the purchasing policies of the church
• Organize and run the annual “Turkey Trot” youth ministry fundraiser
Required Skills and Job Complexity:
• Innovative & creative
• Strong speaking skills
• Recruiting of volunteers
• Organized and able to multitask
• Solution oriented
• Positive attitude and positive approach to problem solving.
• Relational skills
• Sense of humor because laughter is a big part of the climate at Compass.
• ‘Extra mile’ person who does not have a ‘silo’ mentality and will help in big projects like Christmas On Main Street.
• Deep prayer and devotional life.
Resume, references, photo of self & family, and at least one preaching dvd (or link) to:
Karen Stuart (Secretary for the Search Committee)
830 Padre Dr.
Salinas, CA 93901
ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians
830 Padre Drive, Salinas
July 31, 2019