HIGHLAND PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
JOB TITLE: Director of Youth Ministries
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time
JOB RELATIONSHIPS: Reports administratively to the Pastor. Responsible to the Youth Committee and the Session through the Personnel Committee
QUALIFICATIONS: 2+ years youth ministry leadership or equivalent strongly preferred; college degree (in related field) preferred
POSITION OVERVIEW: Primarily responsible for all mission and ministry to and with our young people in grades 6 – 12. Along with the Youth Committee, responsible for crafting, implementing and executing a ministry plan for our youth. Recruitment, development and support of volunteer leadership (including from the parents and the youth themselves)
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Plan, coordinate and execute – in cooperation with the youth committee – all areas of mission, ministry and program with young people in middle and high school
• Recruit, train and disciple adult leaders who can lead students from where they are to where God wants them to be.
• Serve as the primary communicator to youth and their parents about mission, ministry and program opportunities. As well as serving as a primary advocate for youth and families in the life of the church. Communicate clearly and effectively with parents, volunteers and leaders and the church at large.
• Plan key events around milestones in the life of a student: conformation; 6th grade transition; graduation, etc.
• Build a leadership pipeline that results in committed volunteers who love Jesus and love students. This will necessarily include members of the youth committee but not exclusive to that membership
• Improve the quality of our youth ministry service, evidenced partly by increased attendance and participation.
• Serve as a cooperative member of the ministerial/program staff working cohesively with all staff members in a supportive and encouraging manner.
• Other duties as assigned by the senior pastor.
Highland Presbyterian Church
Presbyterian Church USA
111 Highland Ave. Fayetteville, NC 28305
July 9, 2019