This part time (18 hours per week minimum) role is responsible for the development and oversight of Centenary’s ministry with junior and senior high youth (6th-12th grade), with the goal of our youth becoming devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
- A person committed to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord of his/her life without reservation
- A committed and confirmed member of a church (preferably United Methodist Church or one of Wesleyan theology and doctrine) for at least one year
- A passion and love for youth, and demonstrated capability to develop relational ministries with the youth and their families
- Supports and lives out the Social Principles of The United Methodist Church as found in the most recent Book of Discipline
- Able and willing to pass a background check and adhere to Safe Sanctuary policies
- Lead a comprehensive ministry for the discipleship of middle school and high school aged youth. This includes both regular weekly programming (Sunday School and evening youth group) as well as periodic retreats, mission projects/trips, and special events as appropriate.
- Oversee “milestone” faith events such as Confirmation and Senior Sunday
- Develop trusting relationships with youth, families, and the wider congregation
- Communicate appropriately about youth ministries using all forms of media, including print, telephone, and social media
- Recruit, develop, and resource volunteer leaders and develop youth leadership
- Effectively work on a team basis with the clergy, staff, volunteer leaders, and church ministry teams/committees
Centenary United Methodist Church is a growing multi-generational 750-member congregation in the beautiful Kentucky Bluegrass region (45 minutes south of Lexington). Centenary features a newly-built campus on 20 acres with significant dedicated space for youth ministry.
Interested persons should submit a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
Centenary United Methodist Church
United Methodist Church
1441 Perryville Road, Danville, KY 40422
April 4, 2019