Epworth United Methodist, an 1,100 member plus congregation in suburban Toledo, seeks an energetic, Christ-centered leader for our youth ministry. He or she will be responsible for directing and leading an engaging program for youth, grades 6 -12 in a newly constructed, state of the art youth facility to be opened this coming fall. The Director will recruit, nurture, and develop a team of adult leaders who will assist in helping youth to deepen their walk with Christ through learning together, serving together, playing together, and sharing together in small groups. The Director of Youth Ministries will report to the Senior Pastor and will work closely with the Staff.
- Build authentic relationships that engage youth both when they attend Church and in the world
- Build a dynamic program of youth ministry that inspires youth to invite their friends to join them
- Create a welcoming and inclusive culture that attracts new people
- In conjunction with youth leaders provide an appropriate curriculum and engage in creative teaching techniques.
- Develop leaders among the youth at Epworth UMC and collaborate with them to provide creative, relational ways to build authentic Christian community
- Involvement in Confirmation Program
- In the future, work with the congregation to envision new avenues of ministry to young adults (ages 18-30) including engagement in the leadership of the church
- Recruit, nurture, and train a team of adult leaders who feel called to share their gifts through youth ministry
- Create mission opportunities for youth to participate in hands-on-mission experiences through annual mission trips
- Connect with parents of youth relationally and through systematic avenues of community in worship and multiple communication medias
- Connect with the current scouting program
- Proficient communicator including, but not limited to: the social media platforms, email, oral, written and visual communication.
- Establish and manage an annual budget for youth ministry
- Possess outstanding organizational skills while constantly maintaining and updating information on all youth participants
- Attend weekly staff meetings and serve as a member of the Administrative Council
- Continuous learning and self-development in youth ministry education and programs
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree, preferably in related field such as theology, education, psychology, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in serving as a leader who has built and grown an engaging program for youth is essential
- Able to lead and plan through programming, mobilizing, effectively delegating, and utilizing teams of servant volunteers
- Commitment to inclusivity including LGBTQ persons as well as being open and accepting to those who are differently abled, special needs, all races, genders, and identities.
- Possess a highly relational approach to ministry, able to communicate one-on-one and in large groups with effectiveness and fruitfulness
- Willingness to make Epworth your spiritual home by participating in ministries to enhance your faith
- Serve with enthusiasm as a member of a Christ-centered, mission-driven team, that is committed to serving with excellence as the hands and feet of Christ
- The Director of Youth Ministries will report to the Senior Pastor
- Competitive salary with benefits
Please email resume to Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Epworth United Methodist Church
United Methodist Church
4855 W. CENTRAL AVENUE
July 2, 2018