This is a full-time position responsible for all aspects of the youth ministries programs for middle and high school youth of the church (6th-12th grades).
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
The Director of Youth Ministries should have a mature Christian faith and a passion for outreach to teenagers. The director should possess knowledge and understanding of the Methodist Church and Wesleyan theology. The person needs positive people skills and the ability to relate to youths as well as adults. He/she should have organizational skills including technology and social media. He/she possess a Four Year College Degree or equivalent experience.
The Director of Youth Ministries receives direct supervision from the Associate Pastor of Discipleship, with regular check-ins with the Senior Pastor, and an annual evaluation by pastoral staff.
The Director of Youth Ministries is responsible for all recruitment and training of youth teachers, mentors, interns, and lay leaders, including two paid, part-time interns.
· Organize and supervise a full Sunday School program for youth. Determine curriculum for each class.
· Organize and supervise Sunday night youth fellowship. Oversee worship programs, small groups, recreation, snacks, and off-site trips.
· Plan and implement several camps, retreats, and mission trips each year for middle and high school youth. Including but not limited to- Summer Camp, Mission Trips, Winter Retreat, Confirmation Retreat, Discovery Weekend, and Kickoff Event.
· Responsible for all communication involving youth ministry, including website, social media, e-mail, printed material, etc.
· Attend weekly staff meetings.
· Keep regular office hours.
· Weekly involvement in students’ lives, including athletic events, concerts, plays, school and other off campus meetings, etc.
· Participation in youth training or events with other churches/leaders.
· Fundraising for trips and projects.
· Stay current on Safe Sanctuary Policies and training as well as insuring all youth staff and volunteers are trained and background checked.
· Live in proximity (or be willing to relocate) to the church. Bartow County preferred.
· Valid Drivers license
· Pass a background check and drug test.
· Other duties and responsibilities may be added based on the director’s specialized abilities and skills.
please submit resumes to email@example.com
Sam Jones Methodist Church
100 W. Church Street Cartersville Ga 30120
October 25, 2022