Director of Student Ministry
The Orchard Church
The Orchard Church in Loganville, GA has a job opening for a full-time Director of Student Ministry.
The Director of Student ministry will partner with parents to help nurture faith in Jesus Christ in our students (6th-12th grade). The Orchard Church is a vibrant and growing contemporary-style United Methodist church that was founded in 2001. Average Sunday attendance is approximately 180 adults and 25 students. We are anticipating these numbers to grow. We provide student ministry on Sunday and Wednesday nights, in addition to student events and trips.
• Plan, coordinate, administer and oversee all programming and ministry for students at The Orchard from 6th 12th grade. This includes weekly programming as well as outreach and special events.
• Choose and prepare curriculum for all programming.
• Plan, implement and oversee The Orchard Journey (confirmation) program.
• Provide care for students and families within the church including pastoral care, cards, and other tools in order to nurture healthy relationships.
• Recruit, train, schedule, encourage and lead volunteers to serve in student ministry.
• Maintain, implement and train volunteers in the Safe Sanctuary Policy.
• Previous experience working in student ministry is preferred.
• Must be highly motivated and a team-player.
• Must have a genuine interest in students and the ability to connect with them.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills are a must.
• Must have the ability to recruit and engage volunteers, as well as delegate responsibility and follow through to ensure ministry is done well.
• An understanding of Methodist theology is preferred.
If interested, please send a cover letter and a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
The Orchard Church
United Methodist Church
1950 Highway 81S
January 9, 2019