New Hope Presbyterian Church (EPC), a growing congregation on Florida’s Gulf Coast with a thriving youth program(6th-12th grade) is seeking a full-time Director of Student Ministry. We are looking for an inspiring leader, dynamic teacher and person with a passion for student ministry. The ideal candidate will connect with our students and lead them to love God, love others and become life-long disciples of Jesus.
Qualified candidates will have a strong, personal relationship with Christ, a calling to serve youth and their families, a Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of student ministry leadership experience. We believe that effectively speaking the truth of Jesus into the lives of students requires building trusting, impactful relationships. Ideal applicants will be confident yet humble, highly relational, energetic, outgoing, personally grounded and mature; gifts in teaching, discipling and welcoming as well as relating to students are essential.
Leading and cultivating volunteer teams, building strong partnerships between parents, students and lay leaders are going to be key to the success of this candidate.
The Director of Student Ministry serves under the leadership of our Associate Pastor and with the support and encouragement of our Senior Pastor, New Hope staff and a faithful, committed team of volunteer adult leaders.
Please visit our website at www.newhopefortmyers.org to read about our story and get to know us better. All candidates must be in full agreement with the Evangelical Presbyterian Church Essentials. If you are enthusiastic about ministry to students and the Lord, feel called to be part of New Hope and our church family, we invite you to review the detailed job requirements and apply for the position of Director of Student Ministry by clicking HERE. Please include your resume as an attachment in the provided field. We are praying for you and look forward to hearing from you!
DIRECTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRY
This position ministers to the middle and high school students of our church and to their families so that they may know the Gospel of Christ and be equipped to be the presence of Christ in their homes, schools, and relationships. Future growth of this position will see added an opportunity to coordinate a ministry to college-bound students and young adults in our congregation.
- Maintain a healthy spiritual and emotional life by daily time with God and striving to live the Gospel of Christ.
- Grow a Gospel-focused teaching, discipleship, and missional ministry to students.
- Labor to learn about, love and pray for students and their families.
- Collaborate with staff-led and lay-led ministries to integrate Student Ministry into the larger ministry of the church.
- Recruit, equip, and empower lay leaders to teach, lead, and serve on adult leadership/ministry teams for Student Ministry.
- Develop youth leaders by identifying and equipping students who show a passion and giftedness for leadership.
- Create and maintain a culture of hospitality in the Student Ministry programs.
- Coordinate a ministry to college-bound students and young adults in our congregation.
- Develop communication programs to creatively and effectively promote Student Ministry to students, parents, staff and the New Hope church family.
- Direct the activities of the Assistant Director of Student Ministry to encourage, equip, and develop this person for leadership.
- Stay abreast of the latest resources, trends, and topics relevant to ministering to students. This may require participation in training events for spiritual, leadership and professional growth.
- Plan, organize, and direct mission trips for students.
- Other duties as required by supervisor.
- This individual should exhibit a strong call to student ministry, evidenced by an ability to love, relate to, communicate with, and lead middle-school and high-school students.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Priority is given to a concentration in Christian ministry, Christian education, and/or student ministry.
- Five or more years of student ministry leadership is preferred.
- Commitment to the Core Principles of New Hope Church and to the EPC Essentials.
- It is expected that this individual will become a member of New Hope Presbyterian Church and will actively participate in the larger ministry of the church.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds.
- Must pass a background check.
Category & Compensation
This is a full-time, salaried position with an employee benefit program.
The starting salary will be determined based on prior experience and qualifications.
This position does supervise others, specifically the Assistant Director of Student Ministry.
The Director of Student Ministry reports to the Associate Pastor. In addition, the position works closely with the Pastors, staff and lay youth leaders.
New Hope Presbyterian
Evangelical Presbyterian Church of America
10051 Plantation Rd
February 24, 2021