Director of Student Ministries
Reports To: Village Campus Pastor
Job Purpose: To share his or her life and the gospel of Jesus Christ with 6th – 12th grade students, together with their families, in hopes that the students will become authentic followers of Jesus and leaders in the kingdom of God. The Director of Student Ministries leads a team of staff and volunteers at the campus level in providing excellent student ministry systems and coaches the staff at all campuses in doing the same.
Requisite Qualifications and Skills:
- Faith: Must have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ, strengthened through God’s Word, prayer, and community.
- Doctrine: Must embrace the sovereignty of God the Father, the lordship of Jesus Christ, and the current-day work and gifts of the Holy Spirit. Must fully accept the Essentials of Faith of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
- Life: Must be in good standing within his or her current church community. Maturity in emotional/spiritual judgment and demeanor in the conduct of duties. Maintenance of the highest Christian standards in personal and professional life.
- Experience and Passion: 4-year college degree, at least 5 years of full-time ministry experience. A great passion to reach and influence Reynolda Church’s students. Must be a self-starter who also demonstrates deference to authority. Commitment to biblical literacy and to being a life-long learner.
- Skills: Excellent computer, written and verbal communication skills with those associated with Student Ministries (to include youth, parents, staff, and volunteers). Organized, ability to practice confidentiality, be self-motivated and a team player.
Areas of Responsibility
- Recruit, train, develop, and manage a team of high-quality, high-capacity volunteers and parents to assist in ministry.
- Communicate the gospel effectively with 6th-12th grade students from varied backgrounds and Christian experience
Organization and Administration
- Coach, equip, and encourage the Student Ministry staff at all campuses.
- Ensure the same resources and opportunities are available across all of Reynolda’s campuses.
Weekly Time Commitment: Full-time
Evangelical Presbyterian Church of America
2200 Reynolda Road
February 9, 2020