The Director of Student Ministries provides vision and strategic leadership to Youth Ministry (6th through 12th grade) that is consistent with Greenwood’s Mission, Vision and Values. The Director will provide direct supervision to the Student Ministry Team and will direct the High School Ministry. Ministry is expected to be implemented in such a way that values parents as the primary spiritual influence over their children; adult leaders are recruited and equipped to shepherd the students; and the youth are encouraged to integrate into the life and ministry of the larger congregation.
- Places importance on a relational small group strategy of evangelism and discipleship.
- Creates and implements a strategy for discipling youth from 6th – 12th grade with innovative approaches that serve students in each of their developmental stages. This strategy is in partnership with the pastoral team and elders in an intergenerational ministry context so that students learn to embrace their vital role in the broader Body.
- Determines and articulates goals for each grade level.
- Develops a team model of ministry that recruits, connects, trains and supervises volunteer leaders who are pursuing students and learning to fully own the ministry as their unique place to serve.
- Creates a system for tracking student participation and follow-up for students who stop attending.
- Creates a healthy, family-friendly approach to ministry that communicates and listens to parents, equipping them to spiritually develop their children in the home and engaging them with one another through innovative connecting points.
- Develops a strategy and implements appropriate events (i.e. appreciation events, connecting activities, training opportunities, milestone events) that build on the vision of Greenwood for student/family ministry.
- Create and oversee annual goals and strategy including budget development and oversight.
- Recruit, oversee and develop student ministry staff (including pastoral residents and/or interns) who are responsible for multiple facets of the ministry through regular evaluation and support.
- Participates in the leadership of the church through staff meetings and assistance in all-church activities.
- Builds relationships and collaborates with area churches and ministries.
- All other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Ability to winsomely lead, teach and shepherd youth with high energy and impact.
- Ability to communicate with parents and adults.
- Strategic thinking and organizational ability in communicating, planning events and tracking attendance.
- Ability to supervise, lead and shepherd youth staff.
- Creatively pursues teaching methods for youth.
- Ability to recruit, equip and inspire leadership teams.
- Discernment in establishing healthy boundaries for staff and leaders interacting with youth.
- Actively pursues feedback from students, parents, ministry volunteers and congregation.
Send resume to HR@GreenwoodCC.com.
Greenwood Community Church
Evangelical Presbyterian Church of America
5600 E Belleview Ave, Greenwood Village
January 2, 2020