The Director of Student Ministry is responsible for the overall vision, leadership, and management of Student Ministries under the guidance of the Next Gen Director. The Director of Student Ministry leads the Student Ministry staff team: Student Ministry Coordinator and the Summer Interns and works collaboratively with the Youth Worship Leader.
The Director of Student Ministry is responsible for the spiritual growth of VPC’s youth in grades 7–12, primarily focusing goals and objectives, and for providing opportunities for students to explore their faith in a safe, nurturing, and Biblical environment.
- Responsible for programs that develop students’ gospel centered biblical knowledge and understanding in order for them to commit to the person of Christ, the body of Christ, and the work of Christ, ensuring that the scope and sequence for 7th through 12th grades is followed.
- Creating an environment of Christ-like hospitality within the ministry and in students’ lives, that gives way to reaching out with the gospel to the community around VPC and embracing those who come into the church.
- Ensure that approved, responsible adult volunteers are in compliance with the Child Protection Policy guidelines and that all student ministry activities are adequately supervised.
- Create and manage the budget for Student Ministries and each Summer Mission Project in a way that is fiscally responsible and exemplifies good stewardship.
- Work with the Student Ministry coordinator on Student Ministry programs (grades 7 – 12), providing opportunities for fellowship, worship, prayer, discipleship, leadership, missions, service, and evangelism ultimately ensuring the programs are in line Mission and Vision of VPC and are bearing fruit in the spiritual development of the students.
- Encourage the volunteers, parents, students and the church to participate in the lives of the youths at VPC and the local community by attending school and educational events, sporting events, theater and musical programs, and social events not sponsored by VPC.
- Responsible for the recruiting, training, support and accountability of adequate adult volunteers empowering them to share in the ministry to students.
- Collaborate with Children’s Ministry and College Ministry to implement transitions for rising 7th grade students and graduating seniors.
- Provide resources for parents to support them in raising their children in the Christian faith. In your partnership with parents (or in the absence of believing parents), collaborate with the Student Ministry Coordinator and volunteers to mentor and support to students, as needed.
Please take a look at our full listing here. To apply, send cover letter and resume to Michelle Lowell, HR & Operations Senior Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vienna Presbyterian Church
Presbyterian Church USA
124 Park Street NE, Vienna, VA 22180
October 30, 2018