Simpsonville UMC (Simpsonvilleumc.org) of Simpsonville, SC is seeking a full-time DIRECTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRIES. The Director of Student Ministries is responsible for guiding the Student Ministry Program (6 grade through college-age) that seeks to make disciples of Jesus Christ. The Director is charged with planning, directing, facilitating, and coordinating student ministries in areas of Nurture, Outreach, Missions, and Witness. The Director is responsible for maintaining and further developing a comprehensive and holistic program that seeks to foster growth in love and service of Jesus Christ through study and worship; in love of one another through missions; church involvement outside of the student ministry; and social justice. The Director will also oversee the SUMC sports program for children and youth.
EXPECTATIONS TO FULFILL THE POSITION
- Profess and practice the Christian faith. Preferably a United Methodist.
- Bachelor Degree in Christian Education, Youth Ministry, or related field preferred.
- Certification in youth ministries or Christian education preferred.
- Experience in Youth Ministry, preferably at a United Methodist church.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check and driving record review.
- Understand and uphold the theology and doctrines of The United Methodist Church.
- Must have a holistic and dynamic approach toward Student Ministry.
- Must be a team player and a self-starter (display initiative).
- Have good communication and leadership skills.
- Attend worship and participate in programs where students and/or their families are present.
- Works under the general guidelines of The United Methodist Church as described in the current Book of Discipline.
- Works with other church staff in the implementation of programs that directly or indirectly involve the youth and college-age.
- Adheres to the employment guidelines found in the SUMC Employee Handbook.
Full job description, including specific responsibilities, is available at http://www.simpsonvilleumc.org/about.html .
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to Rev. Michelle Cockcroft at firstname.lastname@example.org, Minister of Discipleship, to be forwarded to the SPRC.
United Methodist Church
215 SE Main Street
May 21, 2018