Provide leadership in the ministries of students in grades 6th -12th and ensure the youth ministry is in line with the mission of the church.
1. Pray for the church.
- Develop, plan, organize and lead ministries for students in grades 6th-12th.
- Communicate on a regular basis with students, volunteers and parents via email, text messageand social media.
- Develop relationships with students, volunteers and parents. Hold regular volunteer training and leadership meetings. Meet with parents regularly (i.e. lunch meetings).
- Develop, plan, organize and lead a Sunday night youth program that includes an element of worship and small groups.
- Develop, plan, organize and lead a mid-week youth program that includes an element of bible study and/or small groups.
- Track attendance for all youth-related activities.
- Enter new student information and follow up with parents.
- Develop, plan, organize and execute fundraisers for camps, ski trips and mission trips (i.e. Va- lentine’s dinner, greenery fundraiser, breakfast fundraisers, etc.).
- Take students to Midwinter camps and summer camps (i.e. Student Life, Mission Service Pro- ject, UM Army, etc.).
- Lead a Confirmation Class that enables youth to fulfill their vow to support the church with their prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness (story).
- Develop, plan, organize and lead a Confirmation weekend retreat.
- Develop, plan, organize and lead a Sunday morning service that recognizes and honors gradu-ating seniors.
- Develop relationships with other youth directors across our district of the United Methodist Church.
- Support the life and ministries of the church
- Attend weekly staff meetings – Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m.
- Attend or submit report to the Executive Team
- Attend a continuing education event each year
3. Other Duties as assigned
First United Methodist Church Harlingen
United Methodist Church
321 E. Harrison Ave., Harlingen, TX 78550
January 10, 2018