- Develop and maintain a compelling, realistic vision for the student and young adult ministries of First Presbyterian Church of Normal.
- Formulate a full, diverse, attractive calendar of programming including opportunities for spiritual formation, fellowship, service, recreation, and outreach.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage, inspire, equip, and empower a competent team of volunteers for programs including youth group gatherings and Sunday school.
- Provide energy, excitement, and dedication to the student ministry and young adult programs of First Presbyterian Church of Normal.
- Develop the teaching schedule for the program year of messages and lessons offered to students in both Sunday school and Sunday night youth group.
- Encourage the middle school and high school students of First Presbyterian Church of Normal to grow in their love and faith in Christ and encourage them to regularly participate in the life of the church.
- Create a positive and safe atmosphere where each student is encouraged to develop and grow in their special gifts and talents.
- Collaborate with the pastoral staff for the annual Confirmation class.
Young Adult Ministry:
- Establish compelling programs and opportunities for young adults.
- Engage young adults and invite them into the worship and life of the church.
- Maintain and foster encouraging, supportive connections with our college students while they are away at school.
- Inspire and offer an anticipation and joy surrounding the activity and identity of the student and young adult ministries.
- Effectively share all necessary details as well as fostering open lines of communication for any questions or new members.
- Utilize multiple forms of media on a consistent basis to ensure communication is visible to all demographics including students, families, church staff, congregation members, etc.
- The Director of Student and Young Adult Ministry will be supervised by the Associate Pastor and will work closely with the Director of Children’s Ministries.
Expectations and Qualifications:
- Strong faith with dedication toward growth and regular devotional life.
- Display strong character and sense of maturity.
- Prior experience or education in Students Ministry.
- Demonstrate a proven understanding of pre-teens, teenagers, and young adults today.
- Ministry education is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrate an adept knowledge of, appropriate use of, and presence within social media/technology.
- Communicate effectively with parents and build strong relationships with families.
- To model the attributes of a Christian leadership and modeling from 1 Timothy 4:16…
- Speech: Appropriate language free of foul language and coarse joking.
- Life: To live a life that models the heart of Jesus Christ.
- Love: To demonstrate love and grace to all people as our neighbors.
- Faith: To exemplify a passionate, growing faith in Jesus Christ.
- Signature and acceptance of the Employee Handbook of First Presbyterian Church of Normal.
- Attendance and participation at weekly staff meetings.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to Pastor Matt Wilcox at email@example.com.
First Presbyterian Church of Normal
Presbyterian Church USA
2000 East College Avenue Normal, IL 61761
August 19, 2019