Lake Grove Presbyterian Church
DIRECTOR OF MINISTRY WITH YOUTH AND THEIR FAMILIES
Lake Grove Presbyterian Church in Lake Oswego, Oregon is looking for a full-time Director of Ministry with Youth and Their Families to introduce youth and their families to the love God has for them through a relationship with Jesus Christ and to intentionally cultivate a culture for deepening discipleship to Jesus Christ among youth and their families.
LAKE GROVE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH:
Our Mission: Partnering with Christ who transforms the world one life at a time.
Our Core Values: In Jesus’ Name,
- We passionately preach the timeless truth of God’s Word.
- We eagerly experience God through awe-inspiring music.
- We compassionately engage the hurting.
- We joyfully and intentionally disciple children and youth.
- We faithfully walk beside our mission partners.
Through radically relational intergenerational hospitality, we seek to double our contacts with children, youth, and their families by 2022 to reach the next generation with the love of Christ.
This position requires a broad skill set including the versatility to lead, teach, counsel, disciple, communicate and collaborate well, plan, budget, create, and relate warmly and comfortably to youth and families in a wide variety of settings. The ideal candidate should have a related college degree, considerable experience in youth ministry, understand the ethos of a mainline church, and have strong organization, time management and communication skills.
Demonstrates a vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
A commitment to knowing and making Christ known.
Energized by working with youth and their families.
A commitment to excellence combining a strong personal work ethic and a balanced lifestyle.
- Provide primary leadership for regular Middle School and High School programs.
- Provide primary leadership for periodic programs, such as the annual Confirmation Class, retreats and programs that seek to connect youth and their families to Christ, each other, the church, the wider community, and the world.
- Provide primary leadership for mission opportunities for high school and middle school students and explore and develop other ways in which students and their families can be involved in service, witness, and justice activities.
- Provide collaborative leadership for family ministry programs.
- Work with the Director of Ministry with Children and Their Families to develop and implement new programs to enhance and grow ministry with families and help families grow in their relationship to Jesus Christ and each other.
- Work with the Director of Ministry with Children and Their Families to equip families with resources and education to help them become actively and intentionally involved in the spiritual formation and discipleship of their families.
Leadership Development and Supervision:
- Supervise the Administrative Assistant for Ministry with Youth and Their Families
- Recruit, train, and lead/equip, and supervise teams of adult and student volunteer leaders for all programs.
- Develop relationships with youth and their family members outside of the context of formally scheduled programs.
- Cultivate relationships with new youth/families and reengage with existing youth/families if participation patterns change.
- Encourage, train, and equip adults in the congregation to develop healthy relationships with students.
- Be a resource for parents and guardians in need of support and guidance as they parent their student(s).
- Work to integrate students and their families into the life of the church by exposing, introducing, and including them in the church’s ministry.
- Given the purpose of continuity of faith development in children to youth, the collaborative relationship with the Director of Ministry with Children and Their Families is of high importance. Both directors will actively participate in the transition of children and their families to youth ministry activities.
Additional Leadership Responsibilities:
- Program Staff member – meet weekly with pastors and ministry directors.
- Provides periodic worship leadership, possibly including preaching, at the request of the Head of Staff.
The Director of Ministry with Youth and their Families reports to the Pastor of Discipleship.
Please submit a letter of introduction, resume, and the results of the CliftonStrengths (formerly StrengthsFinder 2.0) assessment or Meyers-Briggs to: email@example.com or Lake Grove DMYF Search Team, 4040 Sunset Drive, Lake Oswego, OR 97035
Lake Grove Presbyterian Church
Presbyterian Church USA
4040 Sunset Dr
April 1, 2021