Director of Middle School Ministry
*This position will begin as Part-Time and will become Full-Time Effective July 1st 2019
The Director of Middle School Ministry will help lead a holistic ministry for youth and their families. This will be done in alignment with Trinity Presbyterian Church’s Mission to Make God’s Love Visible, and Trinity Youth’s core values of being relational, relevant, missional, and accessible. The scope of the job includes key leadership on all trips and events, relational engagement with youth and their families, creating safe and welcoming spaces to explore faith, helping to foster community through meaningful relationships both inside and outside the walls of the church, and engaging the hearts and minds of young people in an effort to walk alongside them in seeking to be followers of Jesus Christ, and to serve God’s Kingdom and one another. This position will require someone that possesses a passion for young people and the Church, is self-motivated, collaborative, and innovative. This position will work alongside the Director of High School Ministry and report to the Associate Pastor for Family Ministry.
Primary Job Contact: Rev. Andrew Esqueda, email: email@example.com
- Give serious attention to the maintenance of his/her personal, spiritual, and vocational development.
- Seek to lead the church and larger community in spiritual growth through community engagement, creating spaces for authentic Christian fellowship, living out the love of Christ in the world, and representing the missional vision of the church.
Ministry and Program Leadership
- Promote a relational ministry with youth and their families, engage with those outside of Trinity in an effort to extend the love of God in the world, and seek to connect youth and their families with God and one another.
- Help plan and prepare regular programming for Middle school students with a continual eye toward the programs relevance and effectiveness. This includes, but is not limited to, weekly Sunday school and Youth Group, Bible Studies, and other various programs.
- Help plan, lead, and execute mission, fellowship, and spiritual formation events (trips, camps, etc.). Travel for these will be required.
- In coordination with the Director of High School Ministry and the Associate Pastor for Family Ministry, schedule and be present in the LOFT on Sundays and other various hours for young people to study and spend time.
Communications and Youth Ministry Collaboration
- Work with the Director of High School Ministry and the Family Ministry Administrative Assistant to maintain a successful communication strategy for the youth program.
- Execute weekly youth ministry communications in collaboration with the Director of High School Ministry and Family Ministry Administrative Assistant.
- Build relationships with Middle School Students and their families by connecting through regular programming and at events and activities that take place outside of church.
- In collaboration with the Associate Pastor for Family Ministry coordinate pastoral care to Trinity’s youth and their families, and involve the Senior Pastor when necessary.
- Participation in church-wide and inter-generational events.
- Weekly participation in worship at Trinity.
- Attend all regular staff meetings, and monthly Family Ministry Team Meetings
Please submit your resume, references, and a one-page call to ministry to Rev. Andrew Esqueda, firstname.lastname@example.org
Trinity Presbyterian Church
Presbyterian Church USA
3003 Howell Mill Rd. NW
April 29, 2019