JOB TITLE: Middle School Director
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Director of Youth Ministry
PURPOSE: To oversee a program for those in middle school, where the goal is to move these students toward becoming disciples of Christ.
STATUS: Exempt; Full-Time
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working, communicating, reporting, and planning with youth team specifically and staff team generally.
- Planning specifically the curriculum and teaching components for middle school programs.
- Participating and leading meetings
- Program Directors, Youth staff, discipleship staff, youth council and discipleship council, Session
- Communicating with the leaders of the middle school programs on a regular basis
- Encouraging, coaching, resourcing, praying and loving them.
- Communicating with the parents of the middle schoolers on a regular basis
- Events, programs, trends, camps, expectations, etc.
- Carry out other duties/tasks as may be assigned by supervisor in accordance with youth program requirements, directives, initiatives, etc.
- Serving as the principal creator, planner, and leader in all middle school programs as well as developing current and prospective leaders for middle school ministry.
- Programs such as: Sunday morning, small groups, outreach events, and Confirmation
- Annual events: Confirmation Retreat; mission trip; summer camp
- Training and nurturing current leaders as well as seeking out new leaders throughout the year
- Serving as the co-leader in combined MS and HS youth programs/events.
- Fall Kick-Off; Fall Retreat; eXtreme Retreat; mission projects
- Serving as an assistant in certain church-wide programs and events.
- Community Fall Fest, Advent and Lenten programs, church wide mission events, and Vacation Bible School.
- Collaborating closely with other functions of the church, particularly the one’s that overlap with youth, i.e. 96:1 youth choir, exceptional children’s ministry, etc.
- Spending quality time with students and their families outside of church program on a weekly basis.
- With specific attention to those on the fringe or those who have become inactive.
- Leading at least one small group.
- Leading the middle school leadership team.
- Spending time with the middle school leaders outside of church programs on a bi-monthly basis.
- For encouragement, equipping, praying, and nurturing them.
- Investing in the students’ community through volunteering.
- Building relationships with other student-based ministries in the area.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The Middle School Director should exhibit the following:
- Strong and growing faith in Jesus Christ and knowledge of the Scriptures
- Love for and ability to teach students as well as passion and ability to help students grow in faith and knowledge
- Ability to earn trust and respect of parents as well as offer them support
- Interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and the ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to befriend, recruit and nurture teachers and leaders
- Ability to use social media and technology as a tool for connection
- Support the mission and vision of Roswell Presbyterian Church as well as possess the ability to offer tactical implementation of the church’s strategic goals
- A commitment to the Reformed tradition
- Ability to lift 100 lbs and move youth supplies and equipment when needed
- Must pass a background check, to include a clean driving record
- Must pass a drug screen
- Experience in youth work and possessing a bachelor’s degree is preferred
Please send all resumes to email@example.com
Roswell Presbyterian Church
Presbyterian Church USA
755 Mimosa Blvd
May 10, 2022