High School Director
Sugar Grove Church // Goshen, IN
Church Size: 1200
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Title: Director of High School Student Ministry
We are looking for a dynamic leader who knows how to connect with this generation in creative ways to focus them towards spiritual transformation and to utilize their God-given talents to further the Kingdom.
- This full-time Student Ministry Director/Pastor will be responsible for the high school ministry at Sugar Grove Church.
- This person will report to the Discipleship Pastor & Lead Pastor.
- Loves and follows Jesus and a daily pursuit of Christ is evident in their life
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth
- Strong relational skills and ability to inspire others toward Christian commitment
- Commitment to living a life on mission for Jesus Christ
- Bachelor’s Degree in Ministry related field or equivalent church experience
- Proven track-record of overseeing relational ministry that reaches students
- Ability to organize multiple projects and tasks within a consistent overall ministry vision
- Functionally organized, relational, flexible, able to multitask
- Exemplary oral & written skills
- Ability to manage recruiting, training, and leading of an adult volunteer team
- Ability to design and manage a ministry budget
- Develop and protect the culture of the high school ministry. This includes the spiritual aspects, the family atmosphere of belonging, openness to inclusion, playfulness, a culture of teach-ability and a willingness to train students to lead.
- Recruit, develop and train adult leaders.
- Coordinate and lead worship for high school ministry.
- Act as the primary communicator/teacher for High School Ministry environments.
- Provide Leadership of High School trips and special events.
- Recruit, Equip, and Empower Student Leaders [high school students in leadership].
Is our weekly program on Sunday nights designed for high school students. It involves traditional program elements of student ministry done in a large group as well as portions of time given to small, relational communities called Connect Groups. Connect Groups are generally groups of students ranging in size from 6-12 led by 2-3 trained adults.
These are our primary vehicle for the discipleship of students. Small communities of students and trained adults who meet weekly for spiritual growth, encouragement, and accountability. Secondary goals for Connect Groups include relational connecting points and service outside of the walls of the church.
Communities are our Sunday morning environment for students to grow in their understanding and application of Scripture. Students meet in a larger group (25-40) to unpack biblical truth and learn to apply principles to their everyday life.
To apply please send your resume, a current picture, cover letter, three references and a
link showing us teaching samples to email@example.com.
Sugar Grove Church
58512 Old County Road 17 Goshen, IN 46528
January 24, 2018