Our Director of High School Ministries is called to lead and sustain a biblically grounded, Christ-centered ministry to high school students in our community. Our aim is to give students opportunities to experience, embrace, and then extend the truth and love of Jesus Christ. We strive to be fully engaged in our missional calling to impact our local community of students and families with the gospel, as well as to engage students in God’s work around the world. We are seeking to integrate students fully into the life of the larger church family and to raise up life-long followers of Christ.
Community Presbyterian Church in Danville, California is a thriving, gospel-focused community of Christ followers located in the East Bay Area of Northern California. Ours is a church family that strives to share the truth and love of Jesus Christ with the community and world around us. We are absolutely committed to reaching out to students in our valley to make a lasting impact in their lives and to offer them the love, support, and discipleship they need to live into all that God has for them. CPC has been blessed with a great history of youth ministry, and we are excited to see who God will bring to lead our high school ministry into the years ahead.
- This is a full-time salaried position.
- Benefits include medical, dental, and vision.
- Vacation includes two weeks of paid leave per year.
- We also offer support for seminary coursework, covering tuition for one class per quarter.
- This position reports to the Pastor for Intergenerational Ministries under the oversight of the Elder for Student Ministries.
Personal Qualities That Would Make a Great Fit for this Position:
- Love for Christ that is evident in an individual’s life and character
- Love for High School Students
- Strength in communication and teaching
- Experience leading in ministry and building strong ministry teams
- Confidence in programmatic planning and team management
- A relational philosophy of ministry with a missional outlook
- An evangelical, reformed theology
- Creating and implementing dynamic weekly programs to foster spiritual growth
- Planning and leading camps, retreats, mission trips, and special events
- Recruiting, training, motivating, and building up a cohesive team of adult volunteers, especially in their role as small group leaders
- Cultivating a network of support among parents and families through effective communication
- Integrating students into the life of the larger church and fostering intergenerational connections
- Leading and developing interns toward greater leadership in ministry
- Planning curriculum and presenting relevant biblical messages
If you sense God might be leading you to step into this role, please contact us and share with us your resume! Also, feel free to share with us any questions you might have about this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Community Presbyterian Church
Evangelical Presbyterian Church of America
August 19, 2016