Job posting: Director of Family and Youth Ministries (full-time)
We are seeking a full-time Director of Family and Youth Ministries. God has blessed our mission with unprecedented growth in Northeast Tarrant County and we are excited to continue that growth. We are looking and praying for the right person who is passionate about our children and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The Director of Family and Youth Ministries will provide primary leadership for developing, implementing, evaluating and maintaining a congregation-based ministry with youth, children and their families. This position plans, coordinates and is responsible for activities such as Sunday school, summer programs and youth group activities. This position will have a strong focus on proactively developing relationships between and among members of families of the congregation. Candidates should possess the following competencies:
1. Proven leadership with emphasis on communication, delegation and multitasking, and ability to build and sustain programs.
2. Degree/Certification or significant experience (references required) in Children’s Ministry or similar preferred.
3. A passion for interacting with children, youth and adults.
4. Ability to share one’s faith.
5. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, comfortable using multiple methods of communication.
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters and prioritize work.
7. Skill in using personal computers and proficient with Microsoft Office suite
To apply for this position, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. For more information please review the Position Description or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link to AGLC landing page: abidinggracedfw.org/hiring
Buffy Upchurch 972.768.9056 please call if there are questions, many thanks BU
Abiding Grace Lutheran Church
Evangelical Lutheran Church of America
1060 East Highland Street Southlake, TX 76092
February 19, 2019