Mandarin Presbyterian Church, Jacksonville, Florida
Mandarin Presbyterian is a dynamic and Christ centered church in the ECO (Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians) denomination. A multigenerational church with the mission to Invite, Connect, Equip and Serve, we are located near one of the fastest growing counties in the United States. We are a growing congregation looking for a Children’s Director who will join us in a new season of ministry, partnering with parents to develop faith in our next generation.
We are looking for someone to join our team who has:
*A growing and vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ.
*A deep sense of calling to Children’s Ministry and a natural ability to relate and work well with children and their parents.
*A desire to empower and resource parents to be the primary spiritual influence in their homes.
*Passion to challenge kids to grow in their love and knowledge of God and the Bible.
*Excitement for family ministry strategy and working with a Next Generation team that included kids and student ministries.
*Exceptional organization, communication, and project management skills.
*Experience recruiting, training, and inspiring volunteers.
*Ability to use creativity in all areas of responsibility (teaching, team building, environment, programs and events etc…)
*An understanding and agreement with the core values and essential tenets of ECO and the mission of MPC.
*A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2-3 years of children’s ministry experience
JOB DESCRIPTION – DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRY
Reports to: The Director of Children’s Ministry will report directly to the Pastor of Next Generation Ministries.
Areas of Primary Responsibility
- Maintain a growing and vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Responsible for overall operation and structure of the Children’s Ministry program (1st – 5th grade), and its continuing development.
- Ensure the program is aligned with the mission and vision of Mandarin Presbyterian Church.
- Coordinate all children’s activities with the church calendar, so as to enhance, not conflict with the total ministry of the church.
- Oversee and coordinate all children’s Sunday School activities and volunteers.
- Recruit and train teachers and volunteers.
- Oversee curriculum selection, development and ensuring its implementation.
- Oversee any children’s mid-week activities and volunteers.
- Oversee and coordinate all SCAMP (VBS) activities and volunteers.
- Work closely with K and Under Coordinator to ensure coordinated care for all children.
- Develop and direct programs for special events as needed (Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday).
- Participate on design team for community events (Pumpkin Jam, Eggstravaganza)
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and Next Gen meetings, working cooperatively with all other staff members.
- Prepare and execute the Children’s Ministry budget in coordination with the Pastor of Next Gen Ministries.
- Oversee children’s attendance and entering into the church data system (can be done by Assistant)
- Direct FRAT House (5th grade program) and Work with Directors of Student Ministries to ensure smooth transition of 5th graders into student ministry.
- Support Buddy Break Volunteer Coordinator and program for special needs families
- Participate in leadership of K-Kamp and Family Camp as needed.
- Oversee internship program with Pastor of Next Generation Ministries.
- Includes hiring, evaluation, and regular meetings for development and growth.
- Oversee care of children’s ministry equipment and facilities.
- Intentionally balance time, understanding the importance of self and family care.
- Reporting directly to the Director of Children’s Ministry:
- Children’s Ministry Assistant (part time)
- Summer Intern
Mandarin Presbyterian Church
Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians
11844 Mandarin Road
October 7, 2019