Northern Hills UMC
The mission of NHUMC is to be a community that
Reaches others for Jesus,
Teaches the ways of Jesus, and
Loves the world for which Jesus died,
so that God is glorified through His Son.
JOB TITLE: DEPARTMENT:
Director of Children’s Ministries Children
The purpose of the Children’s Ministries Director is to create, implement and oversee all programs and activities pertaining to Children’s Ministries (birth – 5th grade) in both campuses, so that, children will be able to grow as disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Model a life as a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ
- Coordinate with pastors and youth leaders for the spiritual formation of children.
- Empower outreach opportunities with the Day School Director
- Identify the demographics of children in the community
- Supervise Sunday School curriculum and staff
- Oversee all Children’s activities and programs; for example but not limited to: Wednesday Nights, Easter Celebration, Children’s Day, VBS at both campuses, Backpack Blessing, Back to School Event, Trunk or Treat, Children’s Christmas Program, and Breakfast with Santa
- Recruit and train volunteers for all Children’s Ministries
- Prepare and present Children’s Moments for worship
- Attend staff meetings and administrative meetings
- Create and supervise Children’s Ministries budget
- Maintain Children’s mission initiatives
- Create and execute a children assimilation plan
- Maintain a spiritual and pastoral care presence with children and their families. For example, hospital visitation, funerals, etc.
- Recruit and maintain a Children’s Council
Children’s Ministries Director of Northern Hills UMC is the children’s shepherd in our community. This person cares for the spiritual growth of all children in the area. This position assures a safe and loving environment where children can find God.
This person aligns the children’s’ program with the vision of the church by coordinating with pastors, staff and congregation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Basic Computer skills
- FBI background/fingerprint check
If interested, please send your resume to Dudley Harral. DudleyH@nhumc.org
Northern Hills United Methodist Church
United Methodist Church
3703 N Loop 1604 E San Antonio, TX 78247
January 14, 2019