Trinity is an incredible congregation celebrating 190 years of ministry together in the Sumter community. We are praying fervently for a Director of Children and Youth Ministries that will join us in our excitement and passion for God’s people and the ministries which we are called to offer.
The Director of Children and Youth Ministries should:
- be a dedicated Christian, passionately in love with Jesus and consistently looking for ways to grow in his/her faith;
- have an understanding of and the ability to promote the basics of our United Methodist beliefs;
- be an effective teacher and communicator of the Christian faith with the ability to relate to kids, youth, and adults;
- have a college degree or its equivalence in a related field or willingness to pursue such;
- have the desire and ability “to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world,”
- helping others to grow in their faith, training them to use their gifts and talents as they serve Christ in the world;
- be self-motivated, creative, organized and teachable;
- be able to have fun, be serious, and maintain order in his/her ministry area;
- be committed to a team approach to ministry – working with fellow staff, volunteers, and parents;
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and technological skills.
Trinity United Methodist Church
United Methodist Church
226 West Liberty Street, Sumter
August 31, 2017