Wheatland Salem Church
Coordinator of Student Ministry 6th – 12th Grades
The purpose of this position is to support the mission of Wheatland Salem Church: Love God. Love Others. Change the World. So that they become connected, devoted, and generous followers of Christ.
This position’s primary focus is implementing the mission of the congregation. To that end, this position carries forward the congregation’s core value of reaching next generations by partnering with the Director of Worship and Education to providing vision, leadership, planning, development, equipping of other leaders. This person will then lead that combined vision during on site programming for, and to, students in grades 6-12.
- Part Time (20 Hours)
- Includes substantial schedule on Sundays, Wednesdays, as well as some Saturdays in line with particular student ministry events and occasional all-church activities.
- Director of Worship and Family Ministry
- Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC)
- Well-acquainted with the Bible and able to teach/interpret the Scriptures and the Christian faith from a Wesleyan evangelical perspective.
- Ability to attend weeknight and weekend events
- A heart for helping youth grow in their relationship with Christ
- Ability to address leaders needs in a timely, accurate and positive manner.
- Experience in leadership of youth
- Ability to supervise student ministry volunteers
- Able to attract a following
- Familiar and comfortable using current social media venues
- Intermediate computer skills, or strong learner, on Windows OS: Excel, Word, Publisher, Google drive, CCB
- Intermediate computer skills, or strong learner, on Mac OSX: Pro presenter, Google drive,
- Provide primary leadership, onsite, for Middle School and High School programming such as, but not limited to:
- Sunday School
- Sunday Confirmation
- Wednesday Youth group
- Special Events
- Summer Mission Trips
- Arrive an hour or more before events to prepare for Middle School and High School programming.
- Lead cleanup of Middle School and High School ministry cleanup from programming.
- Foster and grow the students and volunteer student ministry leaders in line with the mission of WSM
- Perform administrative tasks i.e. social media management, data base management, web-site management,
- Communicate to students and leadership teams with email correspondences, mission trip/retreat planning registration & coordination
- Create schedules, programming, for Sunday morning and Wednesday Youth Group including special event planning registration & coordination.
- Collaborate with Director of Worship and Education in developing and managing the overall strategy of the student ministry as it relates to the mission, vision, and core values of the church.
- Partner with Director of Worship and Education to identify, recruit and mentor/develop youth ministry leaders into an overall ministry strategy.
- Collaborate with the Director of Worship and Education to come up with continuous improvement creative solutions to increase ministry effectiveness in students, and adults; in terms of outreach, ministry growth, discipleship and long term impact
- Work closely with the Director of Worship and Education to support and encourage healthy and faithful families.
- Work congruently with Children’s Ministry to find ways to address the needs of youth and their parents across ministries.
- Assist in the fiscal tracking of expenditures, resource distribution (books, DVD’s, etc), program registrations and program advertising in a collaborative manner with the rest of the staff.
- Relevant experience and pursuing, or has a degree in, education, biblical studies, ministry, leadership, social work or related field.
- Other duties as assigned.
United Methodist Church
1852 W 95th Street, Naperville, IL 60564
March 17, 2021