United Congregational Church, First United Presbyterian Church
COMMUNITY YOUTH WORKER
Vision: As a reflection of the love of Christ, foster the spiritual development, confidence, faith
formation, growth, relationships and fun in the youth of our community.
Summary : Collaborate in ministry with two congregations in Loveland to share the transforming
love of Jesus Christ with area youth. Create a shared community outreach to 6-12 grade youth
in Loveland from the core of youth within the two congregations.
● Coordinate and create regular activities for youth to provide opportunities for
fellowship, faith formation and service.
● Build relationships with youth and their families
● Encourage youth participation within each congregation including worship, service, and
Outreach and administration (30%)
● Connect with both congregations by attending worship or other congregation activities
at minimum once a month for each congregation with occasional leadership in worship
● Investigate the development of and leadership for a Youth Advisory Team consisting of
youth from our community
● Provide occasional opportunities for outreach to youth in the Loveland community
(drop-in times, community events, etc.)
● Recruit and train volunteers to assist with youth ministry and outreach
● Prepare annual calendar for youth ministries and outreach
● Share updates, news, and upcoming events to parents through weekly emails
● Share weekly or monthly updates, news and new events with each congregation
● Share monthly report with each congregation’s leadership body
● Implement safe church policies as they apply to youth ministry programs.
● The Community Youth Worker will be supervised by the Pastors and the personnel
● The Faith Formation/Christian Education ministry team will work with the CYW to
develop and support the vision for this ministry.
● The CYW will work closely with the pastors, coordinating scheduling and other
● The personnel team will conduct an initial evaluation within 6 months of starting to
evaluate the vision for the ministry continuing as it has been established.
● The personnel team will conduct an annual evaluation in early summer of each year.
Preferred Skills :
● Takes delight in young people and feels compassion for them.
● Sees youth with the loving eyes of Jesus and hears their wonder, fears, and longings.
● Effectively translates the good news of Jesus Christ into the lives of teens.
● Effectively translates the good news of Jesus Christ from the lives of teens into the
larger church, affirming their gifts and blessedness.
● Clear understanding of the spiritual, emotional and physical development of
● Understanding of and appreciation for the Reformed tradition and theology.
● Organize and prioritize tasks/activities and effectively manage work time.
● Works well independently and with a team.
● Ability to work cooperatively with people of all ages and backgrounds using multiple
forms of communication.
● Effectiveness, creativity and leadership in recruiting, training and motivating volunteers.
● Ability to respond to suggestions and complaints in an effective and appropriate fashion.
● Ability to maintain confidential information reliably.
This is a part-time, 10-hour/week position. The hours are flexible but will require evenings and
weekends. Minimum of 3 weekends/month. Summer hours can be more flexible.
This is a salaried position, budgeted at $7500-$8500 per year.
● High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
● Three years of experience in educational instruction, volunteer management, and/or
other experience working with youth in a church, school or other non-profit or for-profit
1st United Presbyterian Church
Presbyterian Church USA
400 East 4th Street, Loveland, CO 80537
July 24, 2019