Are you a leader who wants to reach college and University students while being rooted in a local church? Can you inspire and lead others to join you in this vital role? Are you looking for an established and growing ministry team that wants to Love God, Love People, and Make Disciples? Then maybe God is calling you to join our team as the College/Young Adult Pastor. Northwood Christian Church in Springfield, Oregon, has a rich history in our community and continues to thrive and grow in new ways. Our desire to love and disciple 18-25 year olds in our community has led us to search for someone like you.
Submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The College Pastor will lead a ministry focused on engaging and discipling college students and young adultsowards accomplishing Northwood’s purpose statement of Loving God, Loving People, and Making Disciples. This person must have the ability to relationally connect with college students and young adults, cultivate a meaningful and vibrant community, and teach them to grow in their relationship with Christ. We believe college students and young adults are an integral part of our church and are essential in accomplishing God’s purpose for Northwood Christian Church. The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, exhibit spiritual maturity, possess a strong commitment, be a Godly role model, and have an infectious enthusiasm for Christ.
Basic Qualifications & Expectations:
- Must have experienced salvation through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Exhibit a godly example, living a life of honesty, integrity, and transparency worthy of the gospel, consistently following and growing in relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Exhibit spiritual sensitivity, humility, graciousness, and flexibility.
- Be or become a member of the Northwood Family.
- Affirm and adhere to the Biblical truths summarized in Northwood’s Statement of Faith.
- Embrace and promote the Purpose Statement and Core Commitments of Northwood Christian Church.
- Be a fun person to be around.
Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Exhibit Biblical knowledge and teaching ability to engage college students and young adults.
- Ability to organize, supervise and lead groups of college students/young adults.
- Possess people skills including meeting new people and developing meaningful relationships.
- Foster an outgoing and positive attitude and create a welcoming atmosphere at all times.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative in leadership roles.
- Communicate effectively with staff, volunteers and members.
- Excellent time management with the proven ability to complete multiple simultaneous tasks.
- Experience with basic computer hardware and software tools (i.e.MS Office suite).
- Knowledge of social media communications.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop and cast a vision, strategy, and goals for college ministry that are in line with Northwood’s purpose statement.
- Create gathering points that promote relational connections.
- Coordinate outreach strategies students at University of Oregon, Lane Community College and Bushnell University.
- Recruit, develop, and empower college students/young adults and other church members to serve on a Ministry Leadership team.
- Collaborate with Northwood’s Connections Ministry leader to develop small groups for college students/young adults.
- Manage social media strategies for outreach and discipleship purposes.
- Create and/or utilize existing ministry opportunities to build intergenerational and mentoring relationships.
- Develop meaningful partnerships with local youth ministries such as Young Life to connect graduating seniors to college ministry.
- Proactively invite college students/young adults to regularly engage with church events and services.
- Assist the Associate Pastor and Youth Pastor with internships.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and prayer time.
- Attend monthly board meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Youth Pastor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies, Youth Ministry or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct experience leading youth groups/young adults in a church or college campus setting.
- Seminary graduate preferred.
Northwood Christian Church
Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
2425 Harvest Lane Springfield, Oregon
May 11, 2022