Children’s Ministry Director
Reports to Discipleship Pastor
Status: Part time, 30 hours
The Children’s Director (CD) will coordinate, facilitate and supervise the children’s ministry at Bee Creek UMC. The CD will also serve in a supervisory role in the nursery and the Bee Kids program. The candidate must be detail oriented and possess strong administrative and relational skills.
- Lead children’s ministry.
o Recruit volunteers for Sunday School and Bee Kids (Wednesday after school program)
o Be on-site to coordinate Sunday morning classes for 2 worship hours o Purchase, organize and prepare supplies for Sunday morning children classes.
o In line with our belief that children matter, plan activities and worship experiences that integrate children into the life of the church.
o Organize the scope, sequence and selection of curriculum for all children’s programming.
o Provide care to children’s ministry students and families as needed. o Vision ways the gym can be a blessing to the children in the church and the community.
o Help with special ministry events such as I Love My Church Sunday, Fall Festival, Palm Sunday and youth/children events.
o Lead Bee Kids ministry during the school year on Wednesdays at 4:00-5:30 pm including curriculum, supplies and projects.
- Relationship Building
o Be present at children ministry events with an intentional and prayerful focus on developing relationships with the youth, children and their families.
o Cultivate relationships within the community in a missional way. • Administration
o Oversee volunteer scheduling for all children’s events
o Equip and supervise Nursery Staff.
o Plan, submit and oversee an annual budget.
o Ensure administration of processes for new volunteers, such as background checks, certifications and consent forms.
o Record children’s attendance at all events for church database o Work with Youth Director and Preschool to maintain organization in shared areas
- Deep and vibrant faith and a lifestyle consistent with Christ’s teaching. • Experience in Children ministries
- CPR Certification and First Aid are required to be kept current and paid for by the church.
- Proficient in computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, and social media skills.
- Spiritual Maturity: intentional about growing in faith with a thirst for a deeper relationship with Christ and others. Committed to being in prayer for our church/pastors/staff/congregation and BCUMC families and parents.
- Teamwork and Team Building: works well as part of a staff team, guides volunteers in leading and inspires participation. Delegates, empowers and holds individuals accountable.
- Relational: a deep love for others, with a special heart for children. Able to develop relationships with children and parents.
- Organization: excellent organizational skills, multi-tasking ability, schedules and plans for the benefit of ministry.
Please email your resume to Elaine Pendergrass, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bee Creek UMC
United Methodist Church
3000 Bee Creek Rd Spicewood
October 26, 2021