Purpose + Function
Purcellville Baptist Church (PBC) believes within the role and the call of a leader of ministry is to equip the saints for the work of the Lord’s ministry in order to build up the body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-13).
The Children’s Director/Minister/Pastor will take ownership of the Elementary Ministry and provide oversight for the Preschool Ministry. The Children’s Director/Minister/Pastor will provide direct oversight, administration, and spiritual guidance for the Elementary Ministry (1st – 5th grades), of Purcellville Baptist Church, under the oversight of the Discipleship Pastor. The Children’s Director will provide direction for the Preschool Director and ministry for birth through 5th grade.
- Have a maturing relationship with God.
- Called to minister and teach to the rising generations.
- Shares the vision of Purcellville Baptist Church.
- Committed to spiritual, emotional, and physical health.
- Equips families for discipleship.
- Finds balance between creativity and organization.
- Leans in to work, takes initiative, claims ownership of tasks.
- Trusted by parents within the ministry.
- Invests in volunteers and leaders.
- Ownership of the Elementary Ministry (birth through 5th grade) and provide oversight for the Preschool Ministry
- Overall development of ministry to help children know God, find freedom, discover purpose, and make a difference.
- Recruit and develop a team of volunteers to lead the Elementary ministry during all services on Sunday.
- Implement curriculum that is theologically sound and fits into the church-wide vision.
- Provide ministry to the parents/guardians of the Elementary students as needed and as appropriate.
- Ensure adherence to all child protection policies.
- Ensure facility and equipment is maintained at a high level of safety and cleanliness.
- Support and participate in church-wide events.
- Partner with and support church-wide events related to discipleship and family ministry.
- Play a main leadership role in representing the church.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- All other duties as assigned that further the mission and vision of Purcellville Baptist Church.
- Bachelor’s degree. Preference would be in a field of ministry.
- Previous experience in vocational ministry prefered.
Qualification + Experience
- Be a Spirit-led person of prayer committed to moving the Elementary ministry to abundant life in Christ.
- Production of teaching material and curriculum.
- Communication skills in various formats (digital, social media, interpersonal, etc).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Critical Thinking.
- Ability to monitor ministry under guidance of Discipleship Pastor.
- Event coordination/planning.
- Managing of volunteers (coaching, recruiting, training, scheduling, and ministry needs).
- Continual researching of other Ministry programs and spiritual trends.
- Attending and participating in staff meetings.
- Community ministry involvement.
- Ability to monitor safety of students while in care to be aware of surroundings and to identify safety issues before and when they occur.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations that may include providing CPR or contacting help.
- Ability to remain stationary for extended periods of time while discipling, teaching, or waiting through a student event.
- Ability to communicate with students and parents.
To apply – http://purbap.org/employment
Purcellville Baptist Church
601 Yaxley Dr. Purcellville VA, 20132
March 15, 2022