About the Church Evergreen Lutheran Church is a community parish committed to ministry in Evergreen and surrounding communities. We care for our world. We rejoice in the manner in which diversity has enriched, nurtured and challenged our lives and the ministry we share in Christ. We invite all to participate in Word and Sacrament without discrimination due to race, creed, sexual orientation, or financial status. We value and are grateful for the ability to share our facilities with the greater community. We actively work beyond our own walls to serve the community in which we live. We are dedicated to our youth and young families and strive to grow new leadership in the church and the world. We are working to sustain and build interfaith connections in our communities. Position Summary The Children, Youth and Family (CYF) Minister is a full-time professional-salaried-non-exempt position working 40 hours a week that supports the children, youth, and family ministries of the church to foster faith development in daily life. A welcoming attitude with excellent communication skills are essential. The person must present a calm, professional and positive demeanor. The CYF Minister will participate in the larger Evergreen/Denver community by building relationships with the local charities and churches, exploring mission and volunteer opportunities. The CYF minister will develop programming, fellowship service and worship opportunities and coordinate with the Board of Christian Education, the Youth and Family Board, and Outreach Board. The CYF minister will encourage, teach and coach volunteers and parents in providing fellowship and faith building activities. The CYF Minister reports directly to the Senior Pastor. Principal Responsibilities
- Provide education, faith formation, and service opportunities for High School students through young adults (age 30).
- Teach 8th grade Confirmation and work collaboratively with the confirmation teachers and coordinator on education decisions and curriculum.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Youth and Family Board and the Christian Education Board.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the Outreach Board to ensure youth and families are engaged in the congregation’s outreach.
- Foster faith community and relationships among the youth, families, and the congregation.
- Communicate about activities, program, and outcomes of youth and church-wide experiences.
- Support the overall mission of the church and other staff members.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Assess effectiveness of youth and family programs and provide recommendations for improvement to the Council and Boards.
- Serve as the Safehaven Administrator for the church to protect volunteers and participants.
- Work with the Children, Youth and Family Board and the Christian Education Board in budgeting and managing expenses.
- Supervise nursery attendant.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills across an intergenerational community.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to identify issues, use discretion, and maintain appropriate boundaries and confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt to flexible hours, working weekends, evenings, entire weeks during the summer.
- Proficient in current technology.
- Appreciation of music in youth and family ministry and or music skills, preferably guitar.
- Be a self-starter who demonstrates an ability to make sound decisions within the guidelines provided by the Senior Pastor.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks with interruptions.
- Must have a valid Colorado Driver’s License with reliable transportation.
- Competitive Salary – Based upon experience and education
- Minimum 3 weeks of Paid Time Off based on Experience – Prorated first year.
- 100% paid Health Insurance for Employee – Gold Level Plan
- Potential Flexible Housing and so much more…..
All applicants please provide a cover letter and a resume to: email@example.com
Evergreen Lutheran Church
5980 Highway 73, Evergreen Colorado 80439
June 16, 2022