Ankeny First United Methodist Church, the largest United Methodist Church in Iowa, is a growing church in the 3rd fastest growing community in the nation. Ankeny First is unique by offering a total of nine worship services across three worship locations and providing meaningful programs to a wide variety of Christians.
Ankeny First United Methodist church is now accepting applications for the part time position of Associate Director of Youth Ministry.
This is an opportunity to connect and to partner with youth as they journey through discovering who God has created them to be.
The right individual for this position will have a love for people, especially teenagers and their families, with a willingness to connect with them and facilitate their spiritual growth. If you’re interested in being part of a growing program, community, and church this may be the right place for you.
- Know and apply the Purpose and Vision of Youth@First in every area of responsibility
- Develop trusting relationships with youth and youth parents
- Partner and brainstorm with Director of Youth Ministry in development of weekly youth worship services, facilitate one worship service per month
- Handle logistical responsibilities associated with youth programs and events including worship services, confirmation, mission trips, annual events, service projects, etc.
- Coordinate effective follow-up of first time guests
- Recruit and support adult volunteers and student leaders to effectively minister to middle school and high school youth
- Expected to become an active participant of the Ankeny First United Methodist Church, including regular church service attendance
- Engage regularly in community events and youth ministry trainings to remain up to date with youth trends and as a way to continue to support and evolve the youth program
- Provide leadership and direction for evangelism and marketing to attract more students into youth programs
- Foster networking among local churches and youth workers
- Communicate with other departments within Ankeny First United Methodist Church as necessary
- Be a committed follower of Jesus Christ, seeking to know, love and serve God
- Religious beliefs and personal activities must be consistent with the beliefs of the United Methodist Church and have a strong Wesleyan theological understanding
- Proven ability to speak to and lead large and/or small group
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Successful completion of Youth and Child Safety background check
- Ability to lead youth band and experience maintain social media for youth program preferred
Interested in applying? Please send your information to Drew Saforek at email@example.com
Ankeny First United Methodist Church
United Methodist Church
206 SW Walnut St Ankeny IA 50023
August 26, 2017