Westminster Presbyterian Church PC(USA) is a thriving congregation of 1500 members, located in the south hills of Pittsburgh. This inclusive community serves youth on Sunday mornings and in wide ranging programs throughout the week including energetic youth programs, choirs and fun seasonal events.
Westminster Presbyterian Church is seeking an Associate Director of Youth Ministry, under supervision of the Director of Youth Ministry and Family Counseling, to support the development and implementation of Westminster’s ministry to middle school and high school students through leadership, advocacy, participation, and communication.
Full job description and information on how to apply is below.
Associate Director of Youth Ministry
Hours: Full Time
FLSA Classification: Exempt, Salaried
Reports to: Director of Youth Ministry and Family Counseling
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Salary: TBD, based on education and relevant experience
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, lead, and actively participate in programs, trips, retreats, and events aimed at personal, relational, and spiritual growth;
- Collaborate in the development of a comprehensive ministry for youth in both middle school and high school;
- Actively and regularly reach out to and engage with youth;
- Establish and maintain an ongoing recruitment program for youth;
- Develop and encourage opportunities for youth to serve through mission;
- Participate as an active and collegial member of the church staff;
- Assist in developing and implementing youth ministry budget;
- Other related duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability and commitment to help youth and families grow and develop in the Christian faith.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, necessary skills for basic administrative tasks;
- Communicate effectively with, youth, families, adult volunteers, and staff;
- Knowledge of and commitment to Westminster’s theology, ministry, mission, and values.
- Proficiency with technology and social media.
The following requirements list the minimum qualifications required for this job. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be accepted.
- Associate’s degree in Theology, Youth Ministry or a related field.
- Two (2) years of related experience preferred
- Availability, energy, and commitment necessary to adequately participate in programming.
- Leadership style that is people-focused, results oriented, and adaptable to frequent change.
- Individuals working toward ordination, or already ordained, a plus and supported.
Subject to work on nights and weekends depending on projects, events, tasks, etc.; comp time is available for such hours worked.
Interested parties should upload their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email title “Associate Director”
Westminster Presbyterian Church Pittsburgh
Presbyterian Church USA
2040 Washington Rd, Pittsburgh, PA 15241
January 8, 2022