Associate Director of Youth Ministry
Peachtree Road United Methodist Church (www.prumc.org) is a large, active, and growing traditional church (~1,700 in weekly attendance) in the Buckhead community of Atlanta. The community is a fast growing commercial and residential center. The church is seeking a full-time Associate Director of Youth Ministry to join our amazing youth ministry team. The ideal candidate will feel a call to youth ministry and have a passion for educating young people with Wesleyan theology consistent with the United Methodist Church. We are looking for a self-starting team player. This position requires 3-5 years of youth ministry experience including recruiting and leading volunteers and planning and executing trips and events.
The church is committed to developing its leaders and supports this position with a salary commensurate with experience/education and a very good benefits package. There will also be opportunities for further professional development including participation in various conferences and other learning activities throughout the year.
Each youth ministry staff member has particular responsibilities but we frequently work together for the good of the cause.
Essential Job Functions
- Confirmation Director – The confirmation program at PRUMC is a year-long program for 6th Class size averages 85 students. The confirmation director will recruit and lead an adult teaching team and a team of youth-age leaders. They will coordinate the curriculum, teaching schedule, plan and coordinate an annual retreat, and coordinate Confirmation Sunday.
- Trip Logistics – This position takes the lead on trip logistics for the youth ministry. Responsibilities include coordination with vendors and partners, transportation, registration, budgeting, etc. The youth ministry coordinates approximately 6 trips a year.
- Youth Leadership Team – Take the lead in growing and developing the youth leadership team at PRUMC.
- Trip leader – Responsible for female youth during local and global missions. This includes sharing accommodations with and providing guidance and counseling to 6th – 12th grade girls.
- Other duties as required.
At PRUMC, we are a team that seeks to challenge each other to grow in a collaborative and productive environment. Commitment to our mission means we approach all that we do with a prayerful and faithful frame of mind. We are dedicated to showing respect, care and compassion to the members of our staff and larger congregation.
- Leads with integrity, establishes credibility, and shows an unwavering commitment to PRUMC’s mission.
- Proactive problem solver who can follow through on competing assignments and projects in a timely manner.
Education and Experience
- College degree preferred, but comparable work experience accepted.
- 3-5 years of youth ministry experience.
- Proficient in all forms of communication.Effective with one on one conversations as well as large audience presentations.
- Must have a history of being very organized and able to balance multiple projects at once.
To apply for this position please send resume and cover letter to Julie Harrison, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peachtree Road United Methodist Church
United Methodist Church
3180 Peachtree Rd.
August 11, 2020