Christ Community Church (C3) was planted in January 2012 by 150 people who were committed to starting a gospel-centered church on the west side of Houston. Since that time, C3 has focused on making disciples through gospel-centered worship, teaching, community, and mission. The church now averages over 600 people per week and is a part of Acts 29 Network.
Over the last few years, the Student Ministry (6-12th) has grown from 30 kids a week to over 75, with 90 students attending the most recent retreat. We’re seeing students come to know the Lord, experience Christian community, and we have an incredible team of 20 volunteers who serve with us every week. Kids are starting to share the gospel with friends, high school students are discipling fellow students in the ministry, and we’re seeing new students almost every single week.
C3 is looking to add a full-time Associate Director of Student Ministry with strong relational and administrative skills to join our Student Minister in executing the vision of the Student Ministry.
Interested? Please read through our distinctives and the job description below and apply here: C3 Associate Director of Student Ministry
Youth Ministry Mission & Distinctives
The C3 Student Ministry exists to partner with parents and equip the church body to make students into fully devoted disciple-makers.
1. Discipling towards multiplication.
We believe that we are called to make disciples of Jesus who go on to make disciples. We want to challenge students to apply the gospel to every area of their lives, challenging students to grow in their knowledge of God (knowing things about God/scripture), in their affection for God (feeling closer to God, intimacy & love for God), and their action (obedience in applying God’s word). We want students to be balanced in their pursuit of holiness for the sake of the world. Growing as followers of Jesus not to isolate themselves in a covenant cul-de-sac with fellow believers closed off to the world, but living as missionaries for Jesus who make disciples in their schools, teams, families, neighborhoods, and friends.
2. Expositional preaching
C3’s preaching in our Sunday gatherings is a heavy diet of expositional preaching where we work verse by verse through books of the Bible. This is true for the youth ministry as well, although we will supplement with some topical-exposition on subjects relevant to MS and HS students. This past year we preached through Hebrews and Malachi and we plan to begin a year-long journey through either Acts or 1st Corinthians in Fall of 2020. We believe that students are capable of hearing the Bible taught and we should continually challenge them towards depth and maturity.
3. “Equipping the Saints” model of youth ministry
We believe that the primary role of vocational ministry positions (directors, ministers, pastors) is to “equip the saints for the work of ministry” (Eph. 4:12). For the youth ministry, this means that as paid staff we should set an example in making disciples, but we are uniquely called to equip people within the church body to partner with us in discipling students to follow Jesus and live for him.
4. Simple youth ministry / Family services
We have a low-program approach to youth ministry. We feel that we are most effective when we focus on fewer programs with a high degree of excellence. We have one weekly program for the youth group on Sunday nights and the rest of our discipling takes place during the week through our discipleship program. We do not offer Sunday morning programs for youth ministry because we strongly desire that MS and HS students attend church with their families and get experience being fully part of the local church.
Christ Community Church
Associate Director of Student Ministry Job Description
- We are looking for a Godly person who desires to pursue God’s call to ministry.
- We are looking for someone who loves the church and can affirm our teaching statement and philosophy of ministry.
- We desire someone that takes initiative, works hard, and works well with people.
- We are seeking someone who, by God’s grace, gives evidence of the character qualifications of a servant leader as found in 1 Timothy 3:8-13.
- Youth ministry experience preferred.
General Staff Roles:
- Meet regularly with Student Ministry Director for development, and evaluation.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, office hours and staff initiatives.
- Be an active part of the church body with your family. (Ex. Community Group, Sunday worship, Women’s Ministry).
- Ministry beyond Students: To be determined with SM Director.
Student Ministry Responsibilities:
- We want this person to be doing life-on-life ministry, teaching students to walk faithfully as disciples who make disciples in their schools, families, neighborhoods, and with friends. Along the way, they should be leading and equipping volunteers into this same mission and partnering with parents in this discipleship.
- Partner with SM Director in recruiting, equipping, and leading a volunteer leadership team towards a culture of discipleship with a focusing on female volunteers and the girls discipleship program.
- Spend time with female students outside of regularly scheduled programs for discipleship and counseling, i.e. school lunches, attending events they participate in, dinners with youth families.
- Cultivate relationships with moms, offering support and encouragement to them, creating a bigger group of parent advocates and volunteers for the ministry
Administrative / Organizational
- Support SM Director in planning, preparing, and evaluating our weekly program.
- Contribute to planning and implementation of retreats and Summer mission trips.
- Assist in communication with parents, students, and leaders regarding Student Ministry activities, upcoming events, trips, retreats, etc.
- Maintain website and meeting space for Student Ministry.
- Partner with SM Director in new initiatives and creating ministry resources.
- Full-time salaried position commensurate with experience
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO Comprehensive Insurance plan
- Cigna Dental PPO Plan
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 403B retirement account with employer contribution
Interested? Please apply here: C3 Associate Director of Student Ministry
Christ Community Church
1303 Sherwood Forest, Houston, TX 77043
March 4, 2020