Kingwood UMC – Suburb of Houston
Church : Growing Suburban Methodist Church worshipping 1300+ weekly with a growing young families population.
Youth Group Weekly Worship Attendance Average 130 (6-12th)
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT:
- Applicable College Degree, 1 year Volunteer Ministry Experience
- This is a full-time position responsible for working with a 4 person youth staff to relationally minister to students.
- This person should have a passion for the Church and vibrant relationship with Christ.
- This person needs a definite passion and calling for youth and youth ministry.
- This person should have a strong interest in both Middle School and High School ministry and a desire to connect students to the Word of God.
- He/she should relate well to adults in order to minister to the family not just the students.
- This person will need strong relational skills.
- This person should have to ability to think outside the box to see ministry needs and creatively organize resources to implement a plan.
- Remain connected to Christ as your source while doing ministry (John 15:5)
- Love, pray for and minister to youth of Kingwood
- Write and execute MS and HS Bible Study lessons and topical break out sessions (short teaching and facilitating table group discussion)
- Prepare and teach lessons from sermon to one on one discipleship
- Help Develop and lead ministry teams. (student leadership, welcome/hospitality, etc)
- Help plan, maintain, promote and facilitate youth events and retreats including the recruitment of volunteers for these events and retreats.
- Work with team to Create promotional materials for retreats, programs, and other events including (Videos, Posters and Publications, Graphics, and T-Shirts)
- Arrange schedules of community youth events for youth staff to attend.
- Attend community youth events (athletic games, plays, young life, FCA, etc.)
- Help facilitate student transition between Confirmation and MS ministry and MS ministry to HS ministry
- Create and maintain effective system for connecting with visitors
- Create and manage a system to track and follow up with students
- Create and maintain opportunities for student ministry to connect with the rest of the church body.
- Effectively utilize social networking to connect with students.
- Maintain relationships and ministry with college youth.
- Work with and Communicate Responsibilities with a team of Part time and full time youth staff
- Other duties as necessary for effective ministry
PLEASE SEND 2 REFERENCES with Phone #’s
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year with Benefits
Kingwood United Methodist Church
United Methodist Church
1799 Woodland Hills Dr., Kingwood Tx 77339
March 27, 2019