The Associate Director of Middle School Ministry serves in a pastoral role to the students at Asbury Church. The student ministry team functions as a whole for all aspects of the ministry, but the Associate Director of Middle School Student Ministry will be the primary advocate, planner and trainer specifically for grades 6 thru 8.
The student ministry staff team is composed of the Director of Student Ministries, Associate Director of High School Ministry, Associate Director of Middle School Ministry, Administrative Coordinator, and one intern.
Goals and Initiatives for The Associate Director of Middle School Ministry
Asbury is a vision and goal oriented church. We ask each of our staff to create one to three smart goals for their position that will embrace the vision of both the Student Ministry Team and Asbury Church. In addition to these smart goals, we also ask for team members to identify one to two initiatives that they can work towards throughout the year. These initiatives would be unique to their position, yet would effectively impact the quality of the student ministry as a whole. These goals and initiatives run August through May and are reviewed and re-evaluated every summer. This system has been a great tool to help us focus on and improve the things that really matter in the lives of our students.
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA or equivalent experience required
- Two years of full-time paid experience in church student ministry of 70+ students
- Background of Biblical knowledge and teaching preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Works well in a team atmosphere and can champion a vision put before them
- Solid grounding in Scripture; evidence of a vital, mature, and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Leadership style that is people-focused, results-oriented, and adaptable to frequent change
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage time and schedules well and to meet deadlines consistently
- High-capacity for organization and multi-tasking projects
- An anointing of the Holy Spirit to disciple, lead, and mentor students
Regular Full-time (40 hrs/wk), Salaried Position, Plus Benefits
United Methodist Church
980 Hughes Road, Madison, AL 35758
July 21, 2020