The Associate Director of Family Ministry, Students gives direction and support to Faith Community’s students, volunteer leaders, and programming. He or she gives oversight to the goals and values of the ministry, supporting and equipping volunteers to connect with students. Faith Community has a strong commitment to creatively reaching and engaging people in the community outside of the church, so applicants should have a strong heart for outreach and community building. This team-oriented person will report to the Director of Family Ministry and work closely with FAITHKIDS Coordinator as part of the family ministry team.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
The following represents a list of essential duties and responsibilities of which this candidate would oversee the successful completion. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Oversee weekly youth group service and small groups, managing curriculum and coaching leaders
- Help new families connect to the youth ministry community
- Onboard and manage volunteers, equip and train them to succeed in their area of support
- Nurture and provide support for ongoing volunteers
- Provide spiritual care and strategic leadership to volunteers and families in the ministry
- Participate in leading a yearly student mission experience
- Oversee and direct volunteer lead teams as they plan, organize, and execute events throughout the year, including retreats and outreach events
- Work with the Family Ministry team, including the Director of Family Ministry and FAITHKIDS, to help accomplish the goals of the family ministry in alignment with the vision of our church.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing and able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily.
- Strong written/verbal communication
- Strong self-awareness and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with computers and technology
Experience, Education, and Skills
- At least one year in student ministry
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi task and prioritize deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Winning Behaviors and Competencies
A person who will thrive in this position will be a self-starter, a team player, and have the ability to work through challenges or conflict in a healthy way.
- Works well both independently and in teams
- Communicates effectively through all levels of the organization
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Effective organizational
- Effective interpersonal
- Ability to effectively manage
- Ability to foster cooperative team building relationships with all church staff and ministry teams.
- Demonstrated ability to tactfully handle difficult situations.
- Consistently demonstrate ability to recognize and deal with
- Perform all duties in an independent and professional
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Brings energy and creativity to the team.
- Good problem solving skills.
Physical and Practical Demands:
- Must be able to see to read fine
- Must be able to communicate utilizing a
- Mobility to allow access to all parts of the facility or
- Must be willing and able to learn all necessary computer
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s
- Must be willing and able to travel both domestically and internationally using common
Above all, a candidate should minister to students, families, and volunteers out of a love for Jesus and be continually shaped by engagement with the Bible.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to the Director of Family Ministry, Angie Gerrard, email@example.com.
Faith Community Church
146 E. Main Street, Hopkinton
October 9, 2020