The Associate Director of Family Ministry, Middle School at Faith Community Church is responsible for overseeing and implementing a safe and relevant ministry that guides middle school students to a deeper relationship with Christ and a greater love for others and incorporates parents as partners in this process. This position is part of the Family Ministry team, but directly responsible for middle school ministry. This position reports to the Director of Family Ministry.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee weekly Sunday morning middle school youth group service
- Help new families connect to the student ministry community
- Recruit and manage volunteers, equipping and training them to succeed in their area of ministry
- Provide spiritual care and strategic leadership to volunteers and families in the ministry
- Plan, organize, and execute events throughout the year, including retreats and outreach events
- Work with the student ministry team, including the Director of Student Ministry and leader of High School Ministry to accomplish the goals of the student ministry in alignment with the vision of our church.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing and able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily.
- Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong self-awareness and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with computers and technology
Experience, Education, and Skills
- At least one year of experience in middle school ministry
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize key objectives in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Winning Behaviors and Competencies
A person who will thrive in this position will be detail-oriented, a self-starter, team player, and have the ability to work through challenges and conflict in a healthy way. Above all, a candidate should minister to students, families, and volunteers out of a love for Jesus and be continually shaped by engagement with the Bible.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Jocelyn@fcch.org with the subject line “Position: Middle School”
Faith Community Church of Hopkinton
146 E main st
January 19, 2018